“Beautiful View in a beautfiful city!”
Review of Embarc Vancouver

Embarc Vancouver
Hacienda Heights, California
“Beautiful View in a beautfiful city!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Just returned for a wonderful trip to Vancouver!!! I love the city and would love to go back some day! The city has so much going on and the amount of public events, festivals, parks, movies at the park, etc were amazing. Coming from Los Angeles, we need more of that. It is a very expensive city to visit however if you have a budget in mind. The cost of living is quite high and the taxis are expensive. I truly enjoyed the city and its people. I really would recommend the city to anyone wanting to visit. According to the locals, visit only during in the summer and particularily July to Sept.

Now, on to the hotel. I stayed on the 29th floor with an amazing view of the downtown Vancouver. I can see Robson Square from my room. It is within walking distance to anything you may need. To the Canada Line is about 10 min, Robson is about 10 min, bus stops right in front. Very convenient location. Check in was a mess as Sheraton was doing the checking in and out for Club Intrawest. I was checked out the next morning because they made mistakes. I received a kinda rude call at 10PM the night before. Who calls at 10PM but I guess it's better then not calling however. It was sorted out the next morning. Instead of the them calling Intrawest directly, they told me to do it myself which was weird.

Anyways, the room has an island where a lot of items are placed: tv, microwave, utencils, small fridge. The layout was good and had everything I would need. There is a market 2 blocks away which we used a couple of times. IGA market. The unit has floor to ceiling windows which is awesome to say the least. The bedroom is small however but adequate. I didn't expect a huge room anyways. The lighting in the rooms could be better as others have mentioned. Two small bed lights was all there was and you couldn't do anything in there other then go to sleep.

One thing to note is that the walls are extremely thin. You can hear conversations and in some mornings, we were woken by kids talking loudly or crying. However, since we tend to rise early it didn't bother us but it could definitely be a pain in the behind if you like to sleep in. If anyone moved the stools above you, you'll hear it. Hope you don't have anybody partying above you or you will have a long night. The windows also don't block out the street noise and for some reason, drivers in Vancouver like to use their car horns quite a bit. Just their culture. I see people honking when driving through intersection just to allert people he was going through. Thought it was weird but I guess it can be safer when people do that but annoying nonetheless.

I would recommend the hotel to anyone if they can take the negative aspects of noise. Another thing to keep in mind is that the hotel is across the street to the biggest hospital in the city and you will hear sirens all day and throughout the night. I think I covered most things. If you have any questions, feels free to send me a message and I'll try to answer.

Thanks for reading!

PS: I tried to use the spa/pools but no one was there and I couldn't get a lock so I gave up and never used it again. Thought that was really lame and unprofessional for a Sheraton. No one at the check in area and no one offering to help. If you are going to have a spa, please have an attendent.

Room Tip: If you are staying at the Sheraton, choose the North tower as it is the newer tower. The views shou...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jack L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My initial impression was that the room was really small, which it is, but the greater experience of the floor to ceiling windows 28 storeys above the Vancouver skyline made up for that. I didn't have a car and didn't need one. All of downtown Vancouver was within walking distance and there's much to see and do there. The personnel dealings I had were courteous and helpful. Nothing bad to say here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank PierreD_10
Erlensee, Germany
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed in May at Club Intrawest in Vancouver.
The hotel is situated at the Sheraton Centre. The hotel is located very close to Robson Street (10 min walk). The room was great. We were in the 30th Floor, the bed is right by the large panoramic windows overlooking the mountains and the beautiful city. The bed was very comfortable and the whole room was VERY clean.
Complimentary Wi-Fi in the hotel. The room had a nice flat screen TV and a small kitchen. The bathroom was modern and very chic.
Free umbrella rentals (Important in Vancouver!).
The hotel has its own car park - which was not included in the price. We paid about 12 CAD per day. That's OK for Vancouver.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank biggs-83-
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 19, 2012

This was our second visit to Club Intrawest Vancouver and the experience was superb. We booked the largest suite available ( a one bedroom, 2 bathroom unit with a kitchenette and hide-a-bed) as we combined a little business with having our two young adult kids in town for a family visit.

The quality of the room, the view, the deep soaker bathtub (with a view), the bed and other amenities were first rate. Another superb feature of the room, that is missing in so many hotels, is the ability to actually open windows and let in fresh air!. We had a warm evening, with beautiful sunset over English bay and on the 29th floor, with a nice breeze blowing in, the experience was just wonderful.

On the downside, the hide-a-bed was really not up to par, and a better model could have been used. Also, the kitchen island is just way too big and too high. Considering that it's only a small summer kitchenette, there is no need for this bulky edifice. a nice kitchen wall unit, with a classy wooden table would be much better. However, these are small points and really do not detract from the excellent facility.

The Club Intrawest lounge was, as before, operated by a very courteous and helpful staff member. Having a short business chat in this room, with the amazing view, was a delight.

Finally, and it's been said before, the parking. This is atrociously expensive at over $30.00 per day. Particularly galling since, as before, the parking attendant tends to wander off and you have to go search for him before you can get out of the underground lot :-(

Room Tip: if you plan on more than one night, with four people, you might be better to book two studios as the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver
Reviewed March 11, 2012

...if it's clear in Vancouver. We had a north facing room which looked out over the city, the mountains and the water. So nice! It didnt have as much of a "Club Intrawest" feeling (like the "Club" feeling specifically) as we've experienced at other Club locations but it was beautiful. Great down town location within walking distance of all venues including Gastown (perhaps not so much in the rain!). Also didnt notice any free perks like snacks and coffee as I've seen in other locations.

Room Tip: Try to get north facing
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jill-Een
Alberta
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Month of Stay: December
Room: 1 Bedroom/2 Bathroom
The room was very clean and comfortable. My husband and I especially LOVED the view. The windows are literally from the ceiling to the floor in the bedroom and the living room area--SPECTACULAR!!! The view of the city is amazing from the 30th floor of the Sheraton Wall Center.
Internet: Free internet service in our room.
Parking: This is where it can get COSTLY! Keep in mind, you are in downtown Vancouver and parking is expensive to begin with. The price is from $28.46-31.30/night (OUCH!!!).
Front Desk Staff: Lovely, lovely, lovely.... We were served by various individuals and the service was always good.
Location: Right in the heart of Vancouver and walking distance to a lot of great shopping and restaurants.

Overall, my husband and I loved our stay at the Vancouver Club Intrawest property. We will definitely be back in the future. Just remember to factor in the price of parking into the overall expense of staying here.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed February 11, 2012

We spent one night at the Intrawest Wall Centre and had a very good experience. We choose this hotel in part because our friends were staying across the street at a Windmark timeshare but it was withing walking distance of many attractions and stores. We had a studio room which provided ample space for 2 people, there was a very large closet, large bathroom, a small kitchenette and wall to ceiling windows which provided amazing views. The only negatives were the $28/night parking fee which did include in and out privileges and there was a repair done to the bathroom ceiling which was not finished properly and made the bathroom feel a bit shabby. Overall I would not hesitant to recommend this hotel to anyone looking for comfortable room in a convenient location.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends