All reviews attached living room nightclub downstairs rooms are small great boutique would stay here again the air conditioning first floor the location is perfect downtown vancouver granville island within walking distance charger noise concert soundproofing toiletries renovation
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The “Belmont” hotel was superb, the team was friendly, helpful and gave us good tips for our tours.
We arrive to Vancouver after a ~20 hours flight. It was relative early so the room was not ready but we were suggested an alternative. We opted to wait for our original one and ask for directions for nearby restaurants. The team was friendly and provided us with good tips and directions, maps and indications were to go and where is not so recommended to go for safety reasons.
Once we received the room (after we enjoyed a tour and lunch around), it was very nice and clean. We had an urban view of downtown (floor 5). There was FREE WIFI (not trivial, compared to fancy hotels like Marriott, where we were asked to pay for wifi). The electrical appliances (such as lamps etc.) had USB charging ports, which I FIND IT OUTSTANDING, as I could charge all my stuff without bringing special connectors and chargers!
Every time we went thru the lobby, they greet us friendly and provide answer and help to our needs. They suggested us with ways to tour Vancouver (i.e. hop-in hop-out) and a tour to Victoria, pointed us to Best Buy nearby when we were in need of electrical appliances and more. we twice sent cloths for laundry and the service was on time. The breakfast, that in our case was not included, was very good.
The location is perfect especially if you enjoy night life as we saw a lot of youth enjoying the locations around.
If I may, I would like to suggest a few minor improvements: (1) a sign indicating that the elevator works with the room card (actually they added such temporary sign after we arrived) and (2) the stairs at the entrance that are a little difficult in some cases (maybe a clever architect can solve the issue).
Overall, we found it a very good hotel at good location with very friendly and helping stuff. If I would be in Vancouver again, certainly I would consider it for our stay.

Date of stay: August 2019
hotelbelmontascend, Guest Experience Team Leader at Hotel Belmont, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello igalch,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your stay in our hotel.

I am so glad we could exceed your expectations and made you feel welcome during your stay! We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay, especially your room and the amenities. Our Front Desk Team are always happy to arrange tours and give recommendations for nearby tourist attractions and restaurants.

We apologize for not having the proper signage for our elevator during your stay and about the staircase to the lobby. Almost a month now we we were able to put an official signage for it. Regarding the staircase, unfortunately we can't have major changes such as having a ramp as considering how old the building is. However, our Front Desk Staff and Bellman would be happy to help you with your luggage.

Your feedback is important to us and we will be using the information provided to ensure we offer exceptional service to our future guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit in Vancouver!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Pros: room is clean, bed is ok
Cons: DON’T EVER STAY ON THE FIRST FLOOR . YOU CAN HEAR THE MUSIC FROM THE BAR. HOTEL STAFF ARE NOT HELPFUL OR CONCERNED.
There is only one elevator and it wasn’t working for a day.
The lobby is not on the street level, must climb stairs to get to the lobby.
Location: Ok, not many food choices in the area.
Not quite a 3 star, maybe 2.5.
Wouldn’t stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Jackie K,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your stay at our hotel.

I would like to sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay. Being located in the heart of downtown and in the entertainment district, the first floor can be noisy on the weekends. We do try to accommodate requests for higher floors.

We hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I came here with my friends for my birthday and had a blast! The basement is so cool, the boozy popsicles and all the photo ops available, this place is really fun!! Make sure to get there early though because the basement fills up QUICK. Drinks were good and decently priced & the food was delicious.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

- Best place to celebrate a birthday in Vancouver
- Amazing Service
- Great drinks and food
- Good music (social and dancing)
- Top location

so I decided to celebrate my birthday and I made a reservation for 20 people. however, I got about 47+ people attending and it was amazing! Anna (amazing server!) and the entire staff were super accommodating! they insured that my guests and I were having an amazing time. it was possible to accommodate that many people no problem and no complaint about the night at all!

The night club downstairs opened a bit later that expected but they made room upstairs at the "living room" to make sure people were able to dance.

overall, one of best birthday parties I've ever had in Vancouver!

Reviewed September 13, 2019 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying in this hotel on a Friday night when Vancouver gets quite loud and crazy. The hotel was a pleasant retreat and decorated with unique and thoughtful touches that give it a retro and funky feel. A boutique hotel in the downtown core.

Our room was on the first floor, a very quiet and comfortable place to sleep. We also enjoyed some fun, food and dancing in the attached Living Room and Basement.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear DondeEstaSusan,

We are glad that we could beat your expectations! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, including our comfortable cozy beds. The entire property was recently renovated. We are glad you loved our funky designs. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Vancouver!