“It's convenient”

Ranked #52 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Toronto, Canada
“It's convenient”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The best part of the property is the location. The tour company booked it for us as it was our first visit to BC. We arrived 2 hour earlier than the stated check-in time, so asked the front desk to keep our luggage in the storage room, and went shopping. After checked in, we were truly disappointed: the size, the look, the smell made us decide that we won't be back after the one night stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
6046054333, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Northerner-Can,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn Downtown.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the room quality on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with Management to ensure we handle these issues regarding the room quality in a timely manner.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Vancouver.

604-605-4333

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Rotterdam
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stayed here during a couple of days in Vancouver. The hotel is quite OK-ish but also nothing special. Staff was quite nice and there was good facilities for parking the car. Maybe I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Dimitry O,

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests in the future.

Hull
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed here twice on a trip to Vancouver. First stay I requested a room at the back. It was very quiet and was spacious with a fridge. On the second stay, it was more expensive and I forgot to request a room at the back so it was quite noisy and the room was small with no fridge. Both trips included breakfast which made it an even better value stay. I would recommend requesting a quiet room at the back if you need to get some sleep, but great location and value. Helpful staff with computer and printer to book all your touristy trips!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tonyp543212003,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to complete an online survey. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

Annandale, Virginia
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Friends had told me for years that I needed to visit Vancouver, that it was a very cosmopolitan city with a laid back style and a terrific nightlife. I was also warned that hotels in Vancouver were pricey - however, I was able to book four nights at The Comfort Inn in downtown Vancouver for a very reasonable rate, and was quite pleased with my stay.

The hotel itself could scarcely be better located - not among the trendy (and pricey) hotels along the waterfront, but further up in the commercial center of town on Nelson Street, crossing the two main arteries of downtown Vancouver, Seymour and Granville Street. The immediate area around the hotel features a number of eateries, both sit down restaurants and "hole-in-the-wall" ethnic cafes featuring good (and reasonably priced food) from all over the globe. The hotel itself features a terrific Irish pub - Doolin's - that features a wide variety of Irish, Canadian, and local craft brews on tap, with knowledgeable bartenders and hard working waitresses. Doolin's menu of heart Irish fare was generally spot on - the Shepherd's Pie was absolutely delicious, filling, and very satisfactory, coming as it did highly recommended by the bar staff. During the mornings, Doolin's serves as the hotel's breakfast nook, with an all you can eat breakfast buffet; there is a supplement of roughly $8.50 (CAN) for this. For those not partaking of the buffet, a Tim Horton's doughnut shop is located conveniently across the street.

The actual front of the hotel is much smaller than it appears in the hotel's promotional photographs; having said this, the space was used quite efficiently, featuring a couple of plush sofas, a handful of overstuffed chairs, as well as the hotel's Christmas décor. The elevators, just to the right of the lobby desk, are operated by key cards supplied by the desk staff to the guests; this cuts down on unwanted elevator traffic between the residential floors. My room was unspectacular but more than adequate, the bed plush and comfortable, with a large screen TV for my sports viewing. The bathroom featured a large whirlpool tub with a shower; towels were big and plentiful. The desk staff were energetic and enthusiastic, and gave me many ideas about getting around the city using not only Vancouver's wonderful mass-transit system, but also a system of competing "Hop On, Hop Off" tours that make it truly possible to get to any area within the city. The hotel does not have its own on-site gym/workout room, but has an agreement with a Steve Nash Fitness Center that is a short walk from the hotel.

There was only one drawback during my stay. On a couple of my days in town, I went out early for sightseeing and arrived back to the hotel around 4:30 PM to shower, rest, and head out to dinner; on those days, housekeeping had not yet been to my room. I found this strange for a hotel that was obviously quite busy and had a large turnover during the four days of my stay. As there were plenty of towels provided upon my initial check-in, I found it to be a small inconvenience at most, and it does not stop me from recommending this property to any of my friends and family considering a stay in Vancouver, BC.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank denverc30
Dear DenverC30,

penticton
Reviewed December 16, 2013

my family and I booked this hotel for a night of watching hockey and visiting Vancouver. rooms were cleans and pretty standard. Beds could need replacing as we had a cosy sleep in the middle of the bed as the beds have a bid dip in the middle . As the hotel is right in the middle of all the action ear plugs do come in handy. Lots of places to eat and prices start at all you can eat for 5 dollars and up I personally did not have the 5 dollars meal but there was a line up to
get in .we visit the Christmas night market very pricey not much fun in the rain

Room Tip: we were in a corner suite lower floors. higher floors less noise
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Albundryss,

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the bed and noise in your room on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with Management regarding the bed so this issue can be resolved right away.

Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We booked this hotel on short notice for a quick weekend getaway to a Canucks game. We opted for the package that included parking and a buffet breakfast, with taxes it came to $141. The hotels location was ideal for the event. My husband and I walked to Rogers Arena in approximately 15 minutes. Staff was courteous and helpful, they even upgraded our room. Parking is in an open lot adjacent to the hotel, non covered. This was a concern. Would of much preferred a parkade, however we did not have any issues.
A few years ago we stayed at a different hotel right across from the arena. Which was comparable to this, however we paid double for that location.
The pub downstairs, Doolin's was a festive Irish pub that had a diverse crowd and offered lots of fun!!
Breakfast was a buffet style and offered several choices (scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, muffins, cereals, etc....) Our room was quiet and the bed was extremely comfortable. However no pool or Jacuzzi, if that's important to you.
In summary I would say that this hotel offers a prime downtown location, great service and good value. I would recommend this location as a couples/adult getaway and would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and noise was not an issue.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
6046054333, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Stacey Fortin,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Nanaimo
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Convenient, courteous, cozy and clean sum this place up. This Comfort Inn truly lives up to its name. I'm not one for duvets (I find they're much too hot), but here, I felt like I was sleeping in a cloud. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo