“fun place to people watch”

Comfort Inn Downtown
Ranked #52 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
penticton
“fun place to people watch”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

my family and I booked this hotel for a night of watching hockey and visiting Vancouver. rooms were cleans and pretty standard. Beds could need replacing as we had a cosy sleep in the middle of the bed as the beds have a bid dip in the middle . As the hotel is right in the middle of all the action ear plugs do come in handy. Lots of places to eat and prices start at all you can eat for 5 dollars and up I personally did not have the 5 dollars meal but there was a line up to
get in .we visit the Christmas night market very pricey not much fun in the rain

Room Tip: we were in a corner suite lower floors. higher floors less noise
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
6046054333, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Albundryss,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn Downtown.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the bed and noise in your room on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with Management regarding the bed so this issue can be resolved right away.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Vancouver.

Kind Regards,

604-605-4333

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We booked this hotel on short notice for a quick weekend getaway to a Canucks game. We opted for the package that included parking and a buffet breakfast, with taxes it came to $141. The hotels location was ideal for the event. My husband and I walked to Rogers Arena in approximately 15 minutes. Staff was courteous and helpful, they even upgraded our room. Parking is in an open lot adjacent to the hotel, non covered. This was a concern. Would of much preferred a parkade, however we did not have any issues.
A few years ago we stayed at a different hotel right across from the arena. Which was comparable to this, however we paid double for that location.
The pub downstairs, Doolin's was a festive Irish pub that had a diverse crowd and offered lots of fun!!
Breakfast was a buffet style and offered several choices (scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, muffins, cereals, etc....) Our room was quiet and the bed was extremely comfortable. However no pool or Jacuzzi, if that's important to you.
In summary I would say that this hotel offers a prime downtown location, great service and good value. I would recommend this location as a couples/adult getaway and would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and noise was not an issue.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
6046054333, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Stacey Fortin,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Nanaimo
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Convenient, courteous, cozy and clean sum this place up. This Comfort Inn truly lives up to its name. I'm not one for duvets (I find they're much too hot), but here, I felt like I was sleeping in a cloud. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mitpen,

mn
Reviewed December 3, 2013

i had booked into this motel through Agoda.com which is Book-It.com for a one night stay for my son and I. We were driving a rental vehicle hence i like to have secured parking for fear of vandalism.
We arrived around 3pm and parked in the parking lot along side of the grungy motel. Mind you there are not any signs to say it is for the Comfort Inn downtown Vancouver.here were 3 if not more homeless people foraging in the rubbish .broken bottles in this dodgy looking lot. plus has a pub underneath the building. I had visions of drunks coming out damaging the rental car. Plus it was an extra $16 for parking. I only saw on-site parking on motel description. i told my son i was scared and did not feel safe leaving the car there or staying there. I had met with the desk clerk who was not pleasant more interested in typing then talking. i told her my concerns and thought i better go elsewhere. I figured as i had arrived on time but was unsatisfied with the conditions and surroundings i should not be charged for a stay that did not happen. Only to find out i was charged as a NO SHOW and charged the full rate. I contacted Book-it and they endeavored to share my concerns and remove the charge for being afraid to stay. Comfort Inn refuted my opinion saying "it is safe "and denied my claim. In the past when i have been unhappy with the accommodations once seen in person and choose to go elsewhere i have not been charged. Ended going to the Travel information bureau to help me find LESS seedy area to stay. i shared my concerns with them about the Comfort Inn and I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank laegirl
Dear Leagirl,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent experience at Comfort Inn Downtown.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your safety on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with Management to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Kind Regards,

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here from Nov.12-19 and had an overall pleasant stay. The hotel is clean, simple & well maintained. The staff was friendly & helpful and best of all it is in a really good location! There is all kinds of things to do & see within walking distance (other than shopping) and it is just one short bus ride over the bridge to Granville Island.

My favorite part of the room was the jet tub! It was very relaxing after long days of walking around.

One thing I will warn is that it is connected to a pub and therefore there is a lot of noise. The walls are thin so you can often hear your neighbours. If this bothers you I would recommend getting a room on the top floor or don't bother staying there at all. I was on the 3rd floor and it would get loud starting at 8pm. I'm under 30 but did not appreciate the noise coming from the underage drinkers on my floor. Very annoying & immature behavior. This definitely seemed like a place where a lot of younger, single people stay so I would not recommend this for a family with small children.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Lenmeister3
Dear Lenmeister3,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I apologize you had a bad experience with the other guests on your floor. We try to keep a quiet atmosphere throughout our hotel. If the Front Desk is notified about guests acting in an inappropriate way we do our best to fix the situation right away.

East Amherst, New York
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We had stayed at this location in 1999, but we didn't realize that until after we had booked it this time. I think this says something about its location and value. We booked through Kayak online. One negative was that there was no airport shuttle and we ended up paying over $30 for a taxi ride. We had several bags and were struggling a bit to get in. (I don't think this place is handicapped friendly.) The young man at the desk was quick to come to our assistance. I wish we had gotten his name. This and other incidents during our stay left us with the feeling that the staff was always ready to go out of their way to assist us. We paid just a little over $100 per night for our room, which I thought was a good value for the location. The room was fairly small, but it was quiet, clean, comfortable and had free wi-fi. I had to hunt for the ice machine and the elevator was small and not the most dependable. We bought a pass for "The Big Red Bus." which had a stop just a block away. The first day we just rode the bus on its loop as a way of familiarizing ourselves with the city and planning our stops for the next day. We had a lot of fun, using the bus, the next day and recommend it to any tourists (like us) who aren't familiar with the city. The driver even dropped us at our hotel, even though it wasn't a scheduled stop. The hotel has an Irish pub attached and provides a breakfast buffet (for an extra fee), but we did not partake. The hotel is within walking distance of the Hamilton Street area, where there are a dozen good restaurants and where we ate each of the two nights we were there. When we left it was a short taxi ride to the cruise terminal for the next leg of our adventure. I think The Comfort Inn Downtown will be our hotel of choice for any future visits to Vancouver.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bruce C
Dear Bruce C,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the Hop on Hop off Big Bus. We have a great relation ship with the Big Bus company and recommend this tour to all of our guests.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I booked a one night stay online through their website at a discounted price for a king sized room. I then found an even better deal and went through another website and blooked a queen sized bed for the Sunday night (the night after). I emailed a head of time and they were able to let us stay in a King Sized, corner suite for out whole trip! The bathtub was even a jacuzzi tub (old but worked just fine!). We were so pleased with our room.

The only downside was that we could hear the maids in the morning chatting out in the hallway as there is a bit of a gap between the doors and the carpet but I sleep with earplugs so it didn't bother me too much.

I would definitely stay here again and it is in a great location. Also, parking was not very expensive compared to other hotels, bonus!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ldaygroove,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will pass the comment about Housekeeping talking loudly in the morning to our Housekeeping Department to ensure other guests are not bothered by this same issue.