“Great room, service and value”

Comfort Inn Downtown
Ranked #52 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This was the 2nd part of our 2 centre holiday, having spent 7 nights in Whistler first. We arrived slightly early and were given a room which was ready for us at 1pm although check in is usually 3pm. We were staying as 2 adults and 2 children and were given a room with 2 queen beds and a sofa. This was a large room (room 504) with a sitting area, 2 dining chairs, dining table, desk with office style chair, arm/dining chair. Coffee and tea filter (including coffee, tea, sugar, coffee mate, microwave, fridge, hairdryer, shampoo, soap, facial tissues and mouth wash. Free wifi.

The bathroom was clean and modern and the towels were thick and fluffy.

The location was very central, I would recommend going to Yaletown for dinner as it is very close as we discovered on our last day.

We took breakfast in the adjoining pub every morning for $15.00 dual occupancy per night (this included other money saving vouchers for clubs and gym which we didn't take up because it was a family trip). There was a good selection at the breakfast buffet. I signed up to the Comfort Inn privilege scheme which allowed a 2pm check out time and only involved giving our email address.

Thank you in particular to Miracle on reception who processed our check in. All staff at reception and breakfast were helpful and friendly.

there was a 7 11 nearby on Granville street and a supermarket and liquor store around the corner on Seymour Street.

During our visit we went to see the Canucks play, had lunch at the Lookout Tower, went to the cinema, spent an entire afternoon at the aquarium, walked along Coal Harbour walk, some of the sea wall in Stanley Park, around Canada Place, and Yale Town and visited Granville Island.

Room Tip: Room 504 was a good room. We didn't have any noise from outside. (no views - back of other bui...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Familytravell

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Having driven to Vancouver for a concert at the Orpheum Theatre, I was fortunate to find the Comfort Inn just one block away. With a more than reasonably priced room for a downtown hotel along with free parking, $75:00 was a real bargain! Clean and comfortable, this no- frills hotel is perfect for travellers who don't plan to spend a lot of time in their room. Courteous and helpful staff were available 24 hours a day. The buffet breakfast was excellent although at an extra cost on my visit. I definitely plan to return on my next visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had a fantastic experience!! We purchased the Canucks package which includes a one night stay, parking, 2 Canucks tickets in excellent seats, hot breakfast, and vip tickets to 3 night clubs in Vancouver. The price was VERY affordable. When we got there the outside parking lot and area was a tad scary due to the location but as soon as you go inside it is great. Don't get me wrong the location in downtown Vancouver you couldn't get any better, but you also get some of the homeless etc. loitering around that's all. When my husband and I got there we were immediately upgraded to a suite with a jacuzzi tub and fireplace and didn't pay extra nor did we ask for it. The room was very clean, comfy beds, and nice. Service was great. The only thing out of everything I wasn't too impressed with was the eggs at breakfast, they were really dried out and spongy. Other than that great Hotel hands down!!!

Room Tip: There is a night club under it so yes staying on a bit higher floor would be definately better.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We never actually made it to the Comfort Inn Vancouver due to our rental car being broken into the night before in Kamloops. Most of our luggage was stolen including our GPS, and our rental car had to have a window replaced, so we had no way of getting there even if we wanted to. I called the Comfort Inn Vancouver and explained what had happened. They told me that because I had not cancelled within 24 hours they could not refund my money. I told them that 24 hours ago I didn't know we were going to be burgled. They then told me that since I had booked through Expedia, they couldn't process the refund anyway. I tried to contact Expedia who really gave me the run around, resulting in me having to contact the hotel twice more. Phone messages went unanswered and when we finally got through to the manager he denied having any knowledge of the situation (even though I had spoken to the front desk who said he had told the manager I had called, and apparently Expedia had contacted the manager too). I was extremely disappointed with the "customer service" provided by the Comfort Inn Vancouver. Their lack of sympathy, their lack of customer service skills, and their overall lack of human decency has really angered me. I will not be staying with them in future. They can have it. We are still waiting for our money back (as if our holiday wasn't ruined enough by being robbed).

3  Thank seaoh11596
6046054333, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Comfort Inn Downtown. I am sorry to hear your car was broken into. That is a horrible way to start your vacation. I hope you were able to have your belongings returned or replaced.

When a booking is made through Expedia, or the majority of third party booking companies, you are required to pre-pay for your trip. When this occurs there is either a non-refundable policy or a very strict time period when you are able to cancel your reservation. The Comfort Inn Downtown has a cancellation policy that is less strict. If you have an emergency we are able to be flexible with your cancelation of a reservation.

When it comes to a refund for a third party booking we are unable to process any refunds. This is due to we did not take the payment or have access to your credit card information.

I apologize on behalf of The Comfort Inn Downtown that you did not have this issue dealt with in a timely manner. If you would like to call and make a reservation with us we would gladly match an Expedia rate. We hope you will give our property a second chance.

Rachelle
Guest Services
Comfort Inn Downtown

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights mid March this year and were very happy with the Comfort Inn downtown. We are a couple in our mid 20's and loved the convenient location (super close to shops, restaurants, downtown etc). We paid $75 a night which was a bargain. The bed was heaven and the room was nice and clean. The hotel is located on Granville St which is quite noisy and we were there over St Patricks Day (Irish bar downstairs = lots of noise on the street that night). I think if you want a quiet and serene break this isn't the place but we didn't mind considering we went out for dinner etc and by the time we got back around midnight things were quieting down. I have stayed here twice and will definitely return.

P.S. love the new Tim Hortons across the road for a good breakfast (I prefer it to the hotel brekkie)

Will be back!

Room Tip: Get a floor higher to lessen noise
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank canadianbakpak
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Make sure you have a room on the 3rd floor or higher. The noise from the nightclub under the hotel kept us awake until at least 2 AM. Breakfast is not longer included so will cost you $8.00 or you can go across the street to Timmies. Our parking was included but they charge for that too.

The location is very good being right downtown and within walking distance to most events and to Rogers Arena. Shopping is handy if you want that. Having stayed at this hotel several times before - we may try another next time. The noise from the Club was very distracting so if we stay there again, it will be the 3rd floor or higher to cut down on the Club noise coming through the floor & walls.

Beds were comfortable. Room was quiet other than club noise. Recent bathroom renos very nice although still no fan in bathroom. Room was clean and staff pleasant.

On our last visit in 2012, we found a package of moldy chocolate strawberries under the bed - no strawberries this time but club noise instead.

Room Tip: Make sure you are NOT on the 1st or 2nd floor due to Night Club music noise
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TMcFadyen
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in April 2013. The location was excellent and we were able to walk anywhere and everywhere. However the buses were only a short 3minute to the main downtown street "Grandville street" but we were quiet happy to walk and explore at our own leisure.

The Hotel Staff were there 24/7. They were very welcoming, friendly and most helpful.

The Buffet Breakfast (which was included) was Yummy and a good start to the day!

The room was a perfect size, clean and comfortable being serviced daily.

Bathroom very clean and a good size!

Overall a excellent stay!