“Rameh...”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Robson Street
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Restaurant was very busy. Lined up for a good 20 minutes before getting a table. We didn't mind it at all as we were quite psyched for a good bowl of ramen. We both ordered Miso Ramen and a plate of Gyoza to shared. To describe to whole experience in one word...salty...so salty that it pretty much numbed out all other flavours in the bowl. There are so many Ramen shops in Van that we don't see the point of coming back and give it another shot.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Ramen was fabulous and the broth was so flavorful without being too salty. Definitely a fun inexpensive meal and a treat for visitors! service was friendly and we didn't feel rushed despite the long line outside.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

The real thing, and worth the short wait. The restaurant sticks to the idea of do one thing, and do it very well. Great ramen (miso, shoyu, kara-miso) with a couple of things that you'd always find in a ramen shop in Japan - fried gyoza, for example - at a good price. The atmosphere was also very reminiscent of Japan: packed, busy, noisy: eat fast and get out. If I could add one thing it would be decent draft beer - the bottle of Kirin, made by Bud in the US, just did not cut it. Otherwise, fantastic.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

The ramen was good, though limited selections. The combination is also great if you would like to try with a small bowl of rice.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

First of all when you see a crowded restaurant when some other similar neighbouring ones are empty, it must be good. This was my first to try a Japanese ramen noodle soup. We were received with the traditional Japanese greetings.

The broth , the pork belly (I think it must be braised) and the noodle (al dente) were tasty. While it may be perceived that the broth must be loaded with MSG, I did not feel thirsty later in the evening (cos' you will need lots of water should that broth be MSG loaded or you can suffer a migraine), we think that this was a good quality broth. I also ordered a fish roe with rice and the fish roe flavour was a bit heavy..

I was sitting at the counter and let me tell you that this place was steaming hot..

Overall I really enjoy my first authentic ramen soup.