“We keep going back”

Edible Canada Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Edible Canada Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 3,894 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Canadian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Granville Island & Fairview
Cross street: Anderson Street
Transit: #50 False Creek Aquabus www.theaquabus.com False Creek Ferry www.granvilleislandferries.bc.ca
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This is our favourite place to bring people from out of town - the menu is just fantastic! The room is bright and airy, and they have an amazing patio in the summer. The beet and quinoa salad was my favourite new salad. Our waitress, Jessica, is amazing - we see her every time we come in, and they could not have a more outstanding face and advocate for their company - she's highly knowledgable, professional, and fun - a tough mix to find in one person. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

This was a great restaurant for people with Coeliac Disease, I had the best GF fish and chips. The fish was in a rice tempura batter which was very yummy. Those diners that are able to have normal fish and chips take that for granted, so to have GF it is fantastic. The service was exceptional. Our waiter who I have forgotten his name but he is from Cork, Ireland and only been here for a short time, he was very friendly and nothing was a bother. I would highly recommend this restaurant not just for GF but for the atmosphere, staff and the great store where you get 10% discount on any purchase after dining.

1  Thank skwoods64
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I'm a bit of a brunch snob, and now that so many restaurants offer an onslaught of Benedicts and omelettes there's a real disparity between the good and the not-so-good. Vancouver obviously has a lot of great spots, but I think the best brunch I've had in ages was at Edible last weekend.

I came down to the Island to hit the market but decided to grab brunch first. The place was crowded so I took a spot at the bar - great choice. The bartender Ashley knew the menu and the product inside and out, and steered me in the direction of the Wild Mushroom Benny. (She was a bit of a mushroom nut and told me all about what was in season). Edible stays true to the spirit of a locally sourced menu, with Chantrelles picked fresh from the forest on my plate that were so earthy and delicious. The hollandaise was just right too - a common misstep for lesser brunch establishments. My bartender also made a mean cocktail (it was, after all, almost noon), and served me the Spice Runner, with a house-spiced rum which was the perfect sweet foil to the rich Benny.

Amazing location, great service, delicious local food. Perfect!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I was so pleased on my very first trip of Edible Canada Bistro! Being from a smaller city and travelling to Vancouver I was looking for something new in a dining experience. I wanted fresh and exciting local ingredients paired with a great cocktail and wine selection. I was more than happy with with my whole experience - Ashley, my server at the bar was so genuinely friendly and very well informed to make suggestions on food and drink pairings. I started off with the East Vanhattan cocktail which was expertially mixed. As a bit of a 'wino' I was 'wowed' at the great selections of wine.. but.. I would have to say my favourite on the lunch menu was the Crisy Hornish Hen - yummsivlle!!! Just writing about if is making me want to relive the whole experience! Thanks Ashley and Edible Canada Bistro!!!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Food was full of flavor and cooked perfect. Awesome atmosphere. Amazing service. Thanks Ashley, we will be back.