“Dungeness Crab Feast”

Edible Canada Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Edible Canada Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 3,749 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Canadian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Granville Island & Fairview
Cross street: Anderson Street
Transit: #50 False Creek Aquabus www.theaquabus.com False Creek Ferry www.granvilleislandferries.bc.ca
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dungeness Crab Feast”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I went for the Travelzoo Crab feast . It was wonderful. A huge platter of shelled crab and the shell to prove it ! There was a nice array of vegetables , no heavy sauces and very tasty. The drinks were reasonable . The service was great . In the summer I can see this place would be a hit, close to the theatres . The menus look interesting and they also have theme ones.

• Visited June 2013

• Korean first
Widnes, England, United Kingdom
“People watching”
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended to eat here!
It's interesting and right under the bridge which is being repaired, very noisy.
The food was ok but not anything special and the much heralded "duck fat" chips rather disappointing.
The real feature was al dente eating with a drink and "people watching".
In truth I think we would have preferred eating in the food market without a drink.

Visited June 2013
Greater Sydney, Australia
“Great restaurant, very friendly service.”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had lunch there today and had a great time - it helped that there were $5 cocktails and that we had a great waiter. The duck poutine I had was awesome and everyone else enjoyed their meal, too. I have to admit that I have become a huge fan of what i've been told is Canada's 'national dish' (poutine), it's so good! It is basically chips, gravy and cheese curd - but that simple description understates how good it tastes. When shredded duck is added, it's heavenly! I'm going to need to run it off, though, especially if I eat it every day I'm here!

The liquid equivalent of poutine we have been told is their 'national drink', the Caesar. At Edible Canada they do a maple bacon Caesar which just has to be even more Canadian,eh? So we felt we has to drink several each to truly enjoy our time in Canada! The drink is like a bloody Mary, but made with climatology juice instead of tomato juice, and this one came with a stick of celery plus a slice if crispy maple bacon - yum!

• Visited June 2013
Victoria, Canada
“Tasty and Unique”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I came to Granville from Vancouver Island for the day to take in a play. My friend and I had about an hour and a half before the play started, and this restaurant was recommended by the box office when we were picking up our tickets. We were able to get a table in under 5 minutes with no reservation on what was clearly a busy Saturday afternoon, but because we had to wait a few minutes for them to get the table ready, they actually gave us 10% off our bill at the end!

Being a bit of a picky eater, I wasn't sure about the 'duck frites' that come with every dish, but the waiter explained that they were a slightly different flavour than fries made in oil and that if I wanted, they could make them in canola oil instead. I opted to try something different, and I ordered the Chicken Club with duck frites, My friend ordered the Reid Family Quiche. We were both happy with our dishes. They were very flavourful, and we both liked the fries, finding the flavour subtly but pleasantly different. We were able to finish our meals and pay the bill with plenty of time to walk to the theatre and see the play. Our only complaint was the eclectic collection of 80s music that was playing a bit too loudly while we were there. I would definitely come again!

• Visited May 2013
Fort Langley, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Edible”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We went to dinner at Edible and were pleasantly surprised. The venue looks unprepossessing from the outside but serves delicious food. The serving staff were quick, young, and very professional. The seafood (crab) was well prepared and the portions were just right. We're going back next week.

• Visited May 2013