Open today: 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM

from $42.61
from $65.85
from $135.58
1,791 results
All reviews butchart gardens shannon falls vancouver island day trip grouse mountain capilano suspension bridge great tour company fish hatchery driver guide peak to peak gondola private tour hour city tour ferry ride downtown victoria porteau cove sea to sky highway great sense of humor
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Having only 1 day in Vancouver we thought this looked interesting so booked before we left home. As advised we rang before we left to confirm our booking and pick up time from the hotel..
Our tour bus ( a 20 seater I think) arrived dead on time and we were welcomed by Rene, our driver and guide. We were the first on the bus and Rene made us feel really welcome. As we picked people up, Rene asked a little about each of them and then introduced us all. Our first stop was at the Capilano suspension bridge and we had plenty of time to walk around the natural park area, across the suspension bridge ( twice, if you go over you have to cross back) . It was very bouncy and I’m sure my husband, who was behind me, was hanging on for grim death as we made our unsteady way across. There was also another walkway that was attached to the side of the cliffs which was far less intimidating as it didn’t move,. It was suspended out but wasn’t a problem. After this we went on for the gondola ride to the top of Grouse Mountain. The clouds closed in about half way up so there weren’t any of the stunning views of the city below and for a time it hammered down as we reached the top so we went for a coffee in the visitors centre. Once finished, we donned our wet weather gear ( a must for this climate) and took ourselves off to see if we could spot the resident rescued grizzly bears. They were both fast asleep but could be seen from one of the footpaths. We also wandered around the area which is a winter ski resort. As it was the middle of September much of the activities were closed down but that wasn’t a problem. Throughout the trip, Rene was a most entertaining and knowledgeable guide who really made the trip even more memorable, although sadly I can’t recall any of the laugh out loud stream of jokes that just kept on coming. If he ever got tired of being a tour guide I’m sure Rene could do stand up.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I did the Hop On, Hop Off bus tour while I was in Vancouver on August 8th. First thing....the buses were small and not well maintained! The bus you see on this ad is not the buses I was riding. They were also very SMALL seat-wise! I was also a little turned off by our first bus driver..Menue or Nemu or something like that....she made a political swat at the US, which I thought was highly uncalled for. She said that we should notice there was a great amount of diversity in Canada because they are VERY welcoming to immigrants. The way she said it was a turn-off....as if Canada is the only country that is welcoming to immigrants. Last I checked, America was full of immigrants! We just prefer they come in legally, JUST LIKE CANADA DOES! When I'm on vacation in a foreign country, I really don't feel like being lectured on politics. I also felt the stops for the buses were not well marked. We had a really hard time finding the stop off of Granville Island. If I had to do it again, I'd either go out on my own or use the other Hop On, Hop Off company. Their buses were nicer and it seemed like people weren't waiting as much for their next bus.

Date of experience: September 2019
Kevin P, Owner at Landsea Tours and Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi mousetriptraveler,

I am very sorry to hear about this experience you had. I want to start by saying that it appears you have reviewed the wrong Hop-on, Hop-off company. We ARE the "other" company that you suggest others choose :). We have reached to TripAdvisor to have your review moved to the correct page. We do not have a stop on Granville Island as we access it by boat instead. We also, do not have small buses on our Hop-on, Hop-off, we use 81 passenger Double Deckers.

Nonetheless, as an advocate for tourism, our city, our province and our country, I would like to apologize that you had this kind of experience while visiting here. If Vancouver does indeed get the honour of having you visit us again in the future I would be happy to have you experience our product next time!

Please reach out to me at kevin@vancouvertours.com and I will be sure to make that happen.

Yours truly,
Kevin Pearce
Owner
Landsea Tours & Adventures

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Much too polluting these buses
When you finally get into electric vehicles, you will avoid polluting during your stops in front of each hotel and your trips with your petrol engines !!!!!

Hi alsacien75,

Just wanted to reach out to confirm you reviewed the correct company? There are indeed 2 different companies in Vancouver, I think you may be speaking about our competitor who has proposed for many years to go electric. We have the newest fleet in Vancouver and all of our vehicles operate to meet and exceed all environmental requirements in Canada. Our oldest vehicle in our fleet is 2011 however 90% of them are 4 years or newer. We do also have some electric sales vehicles and are waiting for electric bus technology to improve range and reliability to make the switch. We are hoping that will happen in the next 5 years.

But I agree, everyone needs to move forward to save our planet. Landsea has been the forerunners in environmental sustainability for decades. We are a certified Climate Smart company and also currently hold Gold status with Green Tourism Canada.

I would be happy to discuss with you further but again I think you may have reviewed the wrong company.

Kevin Pearce
Owner
Landsea Tours & Adventures

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We were only going to be in town for 24 hours so this was a great way to hop on and hop off to see high points in town. The buses ran mostly on time but occasionally they were maybe five minutes late. It’s a great value if you want to get from one end of town to another without paying a lot of money. Just remember, if you want to get across town at a specific time allow for lots of stops along the way as people get on and off.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very comfortable bus- loved the live narration- they helped us find wildlife in Stanley Park on a rainy day. She also gave us extra ideas of things to do from each stop.