“Pure luxury!”

Ranked #32 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Colorado
“Pure luxury!”
Reviewed May 6, 2010

My wife and I stayed two nights at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver in a club level room and it was an amazing end to an amazing vacation. This hotel is fantastic and, like all of vancouver, very pet friendly. If you're missing your pet, Mavis, the hotel dog, is available for walks. The staff is absolutely top notch. My wife and I had a late flight out and the staff stored our luggage all day and then provided us with a room to shower and change before we left for the airport. I can't even begin to explain how gorgeous the building was other than to say that I would encourage people to take the historic tour of the hotel and the surrounding area.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (573)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 21, 2010

This is a nice hotel, I will rate them probably 3 1/2 stars, it could go to a 4 stars, but this hotel really need to do some renovation or some serious update

1. Hotel location - Great location, heart of downtown, they're restaurant every where surrounding this hotel
2. Room - The room is very good size, even just a standard room, very clean and roomy, but old, need to update
3. Restaurant - This hotel serve very good breakfast buffet, and if you're up early and don't want to go out, stay in and have their buffet breakfast
4. Staff - All their staff are very friendly and helpful, and often they called me by my last name, and you know that is a big plus, showing me they care

One downside about this hotel is their carpet, I believe is really old and really need to change it, when I stay in this hotel, I woke up every morning with red eyes, I believe I'm ellagic to the carpet because is so much dust inside, other then that, this is a really nice hotel

If you're looking for luxury hotel, this is not for you

If you're looking for a good night sleep, shower and enjoying your trip and stay, I will go for this for sure.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed April 21, 2010

Just returned from three nights at the Fairmont Vancouver. Good points: great location, lovely old building and rooms, and, most of all, concierge service that was unbelievably helpful and pleasant (along with their doggy pals). Not great: no Wifi!!! And, of course, expensive if you eat/order anything. Place feels kind of like Grand Hotel: loads of tourists moving in and out, grand chandeliers, fancy shops, lots of stories, well-mannered staff. My mate and I laughed because we stayed at an inexpensive airport hotel the day we left the Fairmont: two giant beds, free breakfast, Wifi, free water, quiet. The question is: why does one travel? Answer: not just to make life easy. So Fairmont, I give thee four stars....

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Whistler
Reviewed April 18, 2010

My hotel experience started with the front desk trying to upgrade me with $100 extra per night. There was no greeting, no smiling at all. I was shocked to see that as I always see friendly smiles from front desk at any other fairmont hotels. When I went to the room, I found mould in the bathroom on the tiles and walls just like other guest found. The tiny window was covered with bird droppings. Toilet makes loud noise when you flush. It was very depressing to be in the room. I prefer sleeping on a hard bed, and the hotel bed was way too soft for me.

Upon check out, I asked to add my "fairmont club membership number" on my reservation to the front desk manager (she was happend to be there), and this never got done so I had to call the customer care center to request. Again, there was no greeting.

The one thing I enjoyed during my stay here was to play with hotel dogs. They were not active dogs, but at least they acknowledged me with big smile. They were very cute.

I would never stay this hotel ever again. If I am paying similer rate, I would rather stay at the Fairmont Waterfront or the Fairmont Vancouver Airport. Both properties are GREAT!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2010

Great suites, amazing views and professional staff. You will not be disappointed!

Situated in the center of the Downtown area the location is perfect for bars, food and shopping with one of Vancouver's biggest malls (The Pacific Center) across the street.

Recreationally you are about a 10 min walk from the cost and around 20 mins from Stanley Park.

Expect rain in the winter months and a more temperate climate in spring and summer.

Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Didn't really care that the room decor was out dated. The bed is extremely comfortable, bathroom was clean and luxurious, and most of all it's right in the centre of downtown Vancouver!

• Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
Seattle
Reviewed February 7, 2010

Lovely hotel in downtown Vancouver - great for business or sightseeing / visiting vancouver

Comparable to four seasons nearby in amenities with more reasonable pricing

Some really great things about the hotel:

- Nice swimming pool on roof of 2nd floor
- You can bring your dog with you
- Great location
- Joining their frequent guest program gets you free wifi
- They provide bicycles to tour the city on request

Food is nice and the hotel is elegant and stylish in a turn of the century style

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business