Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
St. Regis Hotel(Vancouver)
$269
$261
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
$236
Agoda.com
$453
$388
3,530 results
All reviewsgold floorgrand old hotelpresident's clubconcierge deskclassic hotelart gallerybeautiful hotelmini barthe heart of the citystanley parkpacific rimcentral locationrobson streetnotch8loungedowntownconference
Reviewed February 24, 2013

For a special night out we decided to stay here. Found a great rate online at the hotel for people from BC, AB, and WA. The room was a higher floor corner which was very spacious and had great views from two sides of the room. Lots of sunshine and light. Bed was the usually expected luxury and the bathroom good but not as luxurious as I had expected. The tiles were older, faucet and shower head older style - nothing wrong per se, just expected higher end than it was.

Awesome coffee/tea in the room.

Parking kinda bugged me. We checked in and the desk clerk told us how to get the car self parked. Parking ended up being about 42 as I recall. The parking price is a bit less if you pay at the hotel but even though we checked in and she new we were parking she never mentioned this to us. Annoying but the price difference e was minor.

Overall, the beautiful hotel met my expectations fully.

Room Tip: Corner room in the upper floors are awesome. I think we were upgraded since we paid very little and got a stunning room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2013

In my 15+ years of business travel worldwide, my stay at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver ranks by far as the worst hotel experience of my life, in my opinion. Two obnoxious, rude and aggressive evening front desk clerk and manager, tired noisy room, old shower with fluctuating hot water, windows covered with opaque plastic sheets blocking sunlight and view, unexplained charges to my credit card that took 2 days of back-and-forth to explain ...etc. The worst part however was two of the evening front desk staff members who were rude, aggressive, obnoxious and lacked any sense of hospitality towards me as a guest. I found myself arguing with them as if they had forgotten I was a paying customer. They totally lacked any sense of hospitality and customer support whatsoever! All this while attempting to reactivate a room key that mysteriously kept getting deactivated almost every night. Unbelievable for a supposedly world-class hotel in this day and age!!!

Amazingly enough, complaining to upper management produced no more than a casual apology. I was not informed of any corrective actions being taken, especially regarding the rude front desk clerk and manager.

In brief, I spent 5 stressful days dabbling in this mediocrity. This was one of the most stressful business trips I've ever been on and amazingly enough, all the stress was caused by the hotel. None by my job itself. A first for me!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank P B
HotelVan, General Manager at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear PB,
My sincere thanks for taking the time to share your’ comments from your recent stay here in Vancouver. I am distressed to hear about your experiences at the hotel as they are a far cry from the level of service that we strive to provide.
I would be very grateful to have the opportunity to discuss your stay with you in person and as such would ask you to contact me on sunny.joseph@fairmont.com so I can arrange to make contact with you. Your feedback is greatly valued so that we are aware of when and where improvements are required.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I travel to Vancouver often for work, and can't imagine staying anywhere other than the Hotel Vancouver. The level of service and attentiveness of the staff never ceases to amaze me. On this particular trip, the concierge team noticed that a nagging cough had worsened after a long day's work, and shortly after I returned to my room a selection of soothing tea and honey was delivered. A very special thanks to David, Neil, Emiko, Darren - and even Mavis the dog, who's paw print was also on the get well card!
Nadia at the FPC desk is always a welcome sight on arrival - on my previous visit she saw me across the lobby tied up on a phone call and brought my keys to me so that I could continue my call. These small, thoughtful gestures are what keep me returning to the Hotel Vancouver!
I love the character of this hotel, though others might favour the sleekness of the Pacific Rim, I find a warmth and authenticity throughout this property that are unrivalled.

Room Tip: Sign up for the Fairmont Presidents Club and enjoy benefits such as complimentary wireless, and my favourite - Fairmont Fit.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had one night here earlier this month in a stopover from Whistler (B.C.) to LAX.It was Magnificent in presentation, efficiency and cleanliness. The Room we had on the fourth floor overlooked the Park and Art Gallery. While we were there a British Columbia Family Day Concert was underway in the Park and whilst not too loud got our toes a tapping.
The room was a good size with two queen size beds. Fortunately, the hotel has kept itself in the Grand tradition and not endeavoured to modernise too many things as too stand out.
There was a fridge in the room but opening it was a conundrum. We had a fine evening Meal in the formal restaurant downstairs and came back for breakfast where we were addressed both by name. This personal touch goes a long way to make guests feel comfortable despite being a long way from home (Australia). We think that the concierge was very helpful in providing directions for getting to the Airport as well as going for a couple of walks downtown.
The final feature was a free Milk and Cookie Voucher given to my ten year old son on check-in.
He redeemed the voucher by calling room service just before bedtime and the said Milk and Cookie was promptly delivered to our door. He both answered the door and tipped the provider, as foreign as the practice is at home. He remembers the incident and recalls it as part of his trip memoirs with Dad to Whistler. The hotel left us with a positive impression and a deep desire to return in warmer weather.Thank You.

Room Tip: I think a room on the side away from the main road traffic is best.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
HotelVan, General Manager at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Bilmarus,
I would like to thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback. My job in managing this iconic hotel is made that much more enjoyable by the wonderful team that I have the pleasure of working with on a daily basis. I will be sharing your kind words with my team and look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to our hotel in the near future and hopefully when the weather is a little warmer (perhaps you can send us some of the sunshine from Australia in the meantime?).

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Beautiful, classic grandeur familiar to the historical Fairmont hotels in Canada. Located directly downtown, just a couple minutes walk to Robson, the Vancouver art gallery, and the majority of the common attractions in downtown Vancouver. A fantastic afternoon tea, and access to the hotel's onsite pet labradors are just a couple hidden gems at this location. In need of some upgrades, but they're rumoured to be on the way!

Room Tip: The gold floor gives you complimentary breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres included in your room rate.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear MPJohnson,,
Thank you for taking the time to share your delightful feedback regarding your recent stay. I am delighted that you chose to with us, and I wanted to share with you that you are indeed correct, we are continuing our process of renovations and giving our grand dame a substantial facelift and renovated guest offering over the coming months.

I will be sharing your comments with my team and we look forward to welcoming you back to our “Castle in the heart of the city”, in the near future where you can experience these changes for yourself.