“simply the best!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Vancouver, Canada
“simply the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

My best friend and I decided to stay in town while our spouses are out of town watching games. As soon I told this to the front desk agent, she upgraded us to a higher floor with the best view of the Vancouver Art gallery's court yard. They even gave us discount for the spa and the breakfast. I think this is the best surprised for us. I feel so sorry that I forgot her name. But all the way, the staff are very nice and the service was excellent. We will come back for sure. thank u.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Very nice downtown hotel. Staff throughout is excellent, especially the Gold Floor staff. Great beds, pillow concierge (!), nice extra touches throughout the property. On this trip the hotel is beautifully decorated for the holidays.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Burnaby, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

My room was quite pretty and as a gift for our wedding night this past August, it was pretty cool! That old classic room feel ( but plugs hidden in the antique looking desk to plug in your computers/phones was cute) super plushy bed was lovely. Bathrooms... Ok. The view from our room was great, right onto a Vancouver Main Street strip. I did expect a little more glam, but that was ok.

The part that I didn't like which drove my rating down was that me and my new husband had to stand there about 20 mins just to talk to the front desk (me in my big ball gown still and him in his tux!) no apologies, well be just with you or anything. Maybe I just expected better treatment considering it was obviously a wedding night! We finally get our room key, make it upstairs, go down a super long hall ( might not have been THAT long... I had a long day..) and tried several times to open the door before someone inside called out. They'd given us the wrong room/ key. So my husband had Togo back down etc to sort it out.

The staff was friendly and courteous on our way out and the atmosphere of the place was charming and really cool.

Room Tip: Ask what street the windows face and what kind of view to expect! Don't settle... You've pai...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Catherine C
HotelVan, General Manager at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear guest,
Firstly, congratulations on your recent nuptials!
Please accept my sincere thanks to you for taking the time to share your experiences at our “Castle in the City”. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, but must say I am disappointed to learn of your experiences at check-in. I am following up with my team to review our processes for areas to improve.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Happy Holidays!

Sunny Joseph
Director of Operations
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Several of my team had the pleasure of staying on the Fairmont Gold floor last week. The staff was wonderful and all the amenities were both tastfully presented and very good quality. It is a great way to ensure a comfortable stay in Vancouver!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Fircrest, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Fairmont Hotel Vancouver (BC) bills itself as a classy, historic hotel. Not classy, just overpriced. Not historic, just tired. After my first stay I wouldn't return. Maybe the $8 bottle of water should have been a tip-off. Windows on one side of the hotel were covered with plastic for facade repairs so we couldn't see out at all. No price consideration given for this. No offer to place us in another room. Room was nothing special. Hotel meals were very good but way overpriced. No real value here.

Room Tip: Bring lots of cash. And be sure to make sure your room has a window you can see out of!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bob R
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments relating to your recent stay. I would be very appreciative of the opportunity to discuss your stay in greater detail, my email address is sunny.joseph@fairmont.com.

I hope to have the opportunity to speak to you soon.

Sunny Joseph
Director of Operations
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Hotel Vancouver has the look and feel of the classic Fairmont hotels in Canada. It is centrally located with a wonderful lobby and bar where you can sit back and relax. Our room was upgraded at no charge. The King size bed was very comfortable . The room was large but the bathroom was surprisingly small. The only mirror was in the bathroom which was awkward unless you are traveling solo.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank CVHBH
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stay here whenever I'm in Vancouver. The old-world ambience is warm and welcoming. They even have doggie ambassadors in Mavis and Beau, who keep me company. Talk about service! They go the extra mile every time, even helping me sell event tickets to another regular guest when I found I had unexpected extras. Thank you!

Room Tip: I've only stayed on the Gold floor, which is comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo