“Underwhelmed”

Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #32 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Been a long while since I have stayed here and I was kind of disappointed. Did the e-mail check in but no one at the places it said to go for keys so ended up in a line at the front desk anyway. In fact, of the three times I had to go to the front desk there was only one person on and service was slow. I was told people were sick. Baggage room guy also seemed annoyed when I asked for my bag. Fairmont staff are usually more interested. I will say though that I ate in the lounge and the waiter was fabulous. Room was fine but the floor had an old feel to it.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank davedrew
HotelVan, General Manager at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear guest,
Please accept my thanks for your taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that your experience was not entirely satisfactory. I am following up with my team to address the opportunities to improve our email check-in communication and to address the length of time at check-in at the front desk.

My thanks to you once again for taking the time to share your feedback through which we are able to serve you better.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed here during the last week of October 2012. I loved everything about this hotel. It’s centrally located, has a lot of amenities, very friendly staff. The only constructive feedback I might add is that they have to do something about their key cards, I had my card replaced for me 3 times, they warned me that it shouldn’t be placed next to a smart device, which I kept away from the card from day one, but still almost every day I had an issue with a card, getting in to the pool area, getting into elevators and the room, so that was a bit frustrating. However, overall it’s a great place to stay when visiting Vancouver, I will definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2012

All Fairmonts are known for their character and this is no exception. It is easy to access from the SkyTrain. The Canada Line took me easily from the airport to an easy walk from the hotel. The hotel is situated close to high end shopping and good restaurants, so no car is necessary here. There are also ample taxis available from the hotel should you wish to go further afield. The rooms were older, as expected, but clean and spacious. The staff was professional. The conference facilities, however, need better lighting and acoustics. I suppose this is a result of the age of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We enjoyed four very comfortable nights at the Fairmont.
Rooms were very comfortable however no bar fridge was unexpected.
Close to shopping precinct and easy walk to waterfront.
Good restaurants in close proximity.
The hotel is reminicent of another era with great foyer and open bar for relaxing in after a long days sightseeing.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.
The foyer labradors were also an unobtrusive but nice touch at the start and end of the day.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelVan, General Manager at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay. I am delighted that you chose to stay at our iconic hotel during your visit to Vancouver.
Your kind words will be shared with my team and we look forward to welcoming you back to our “Castle in the heart of the city” in the near future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed three nights in The Fairmont Vancouver which is ideally located downtown - close to shopping, dining and transport. Our room was well appointed and very comfortable. The concierge service was excellent: not just giving clear directions but by offering helpful suggestions and going the "extra mile" to help. But, that is what we expect from Fairmont Hotels.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Right in the heart of the city, the location of this iconic Vancouver hotel is great if you want to be in the centre of things. The shops on Robson are minutes away and there are several metro/sky train stops nearby.

This is a typical, sprawling fairmont property and we were treated courteously if impersonally at the counter. We requested same day dry-cleaning after the cut off hour and the staff were really helpful to accommodate us.

Our standard room was large with all the amenities you'd expect. We didn't use any of the facilities - so many great places to eat out in Vancouver it would be a shame to miss out.

Nothing spectacular to write home about, but certainly an enjoyable stay. You expect a certain standard from a fairmont and this didn't disappoint

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We dined here for two Sundays and received the treatment which you would expect from Fairmont. The settting was reminicient of goneby days and the service matched that as well. The staff were friendly, pleasant and efficient and nothing was too much trouble. The food was excellent and the sweet table was heaven! The reason we reurned on the second Sunday was because of the service received on the first Sunday. Highly recommended

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear guest,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments. I will be passing your kind words onto my team and hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.