“Just LOVE Fairmount Hotels”

Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #32 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Terrific luxury hotel with great & super-friendly service plus in my favorite city - hard to beat!

There are newer reviews for Fairmont Hotel Vancouver

Reviewed July 1, 2011

I was doing research work and needed access to the Vancouver Central Public Library. Hotel Vancouver is walking distance to the library, so this was perfect for me. My room was on the smaller side; however the furniture was very classy and luxurious. Room very clean. Staff was very friendly. I noticed from my window that the hotel had many gargoyles. This was fascinating. I will return.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2011

This is one of the more 'stately' hotels in Vancouver. I've been booked in many Vancouver hotels for work, and was quite excited that I was booked here. The rooms were large and the front desk staff were good, but I wasn't really impressed with the cleanliness or state of the rooms. The cleaning staff did a good job on the bed and bathroom; but the old-style wall sconces were caked with dust and I had a burnt out lightbulb in the dressing area for the whole week I stayed there. The carpets are worn and in need of replacing. I did appreciate the heaviness of the curtains and found my room to be quiet, and the location (close to Canada line) can't be beat.

1  Thank MRei
HotelVan, General Manager at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2011

Dear Guest,
My sincere thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay here at The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver; it is through constructive responses such as yours that we are better able to serve you in the future. I have taken immediate action with my operations team to ensure that an oversight such as this is not repeated. I also wish to advise that in the coming months we will be renovating a number of our rooms within the hotel. It is my genuine hope that when your travels bring you back to Vancouver, you will be a return guest to The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver to experience these changes for yourself.

My thanks to you once again for taking the time to share your feedback with me.

Reviewed June 25, 2011

We choose the Fairmont because of it's character and good location; it has both. The manager was more than helpful when we needed a suitcase repair and a staff member (whose name I failed to get) was able to fix it. The concierge staff was helpful, especially Emiko. But housekeeping did not come until almost 4:00 to clean our room (after we had returned from a busy day and were just about to rest and shower.) The drink prices were more New York City which wouldn't have bothered us so much but the drinks were very skimping to boot!
With a large number of first class hotels in Vancouver, we will stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trudyrand
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I was here on business in late May 2011, staying for five nights. The location is excellent, being just ten minutes on foot from the Convention Centre and the waterfront. The hotel has a grand feel to it, but the inside is clean and fresh with no hint of fading glory about it.
The checking was fast and the staff friendly and efficient. My room was large and well equipped, and spotlessly clean.
Breakfast in Griffins restaurant was fantastic, just what you need to start the day and get over the jet lag.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the city.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I attended a conference in Vancouver and chose the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver due to its proximity to the Convention Centre. The hotel is pricey but dated and the walls are fairly thin - you can hear your neighbors talking quite clearly in some rooms. I got the Convention Centre rate which meant internet access in the room was not free and breakfast was not included.

Still, the rooms were clean and large, the staff very friendly and it seemed to be a nice and safe neighborhood with a lot of convenient shops nearby. There is a McDonald's right across the street and the Pacific Centre Mall is pricey but close to the hotel too.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank fijihiji
HotelVan, General Manager at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2011

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying with us here at The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver and for sharing your recent experiences. I apologize you could hear noise from adjoining rooms and I wanted to share with you that in the coming months we will be renovating these rooms within the hotel. When next your travels enable you to do such, I hope you will be a return guest to Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and I encourage you to join our Fairmont Presidents Club which is complimentary and instantly provides you with complimentary internet access.
My thanks to you once again for taking the time to share your feedback through which we are able to serve you better.

Reviewed June 15, 2011

We traveled to Vancouver for business June 1-6, 2011 and stayed at the Fairmont Hotel in downtown Vancouver. The room was spaceous, impecably clean and quiet. I got such a great night's sleep on the comfortable king sized bed with crisp linens. The consierge was helpful on a daily basis with walking maps and suggestions for great meals. The hotel is located in the ritzy part of town, with trendy and high fashion shops close by. The mascot dogs in the lobby (Mavis and Beau) are adorable and on loan for anyone wishing to take them on a walk. Bicycle rentals are in nearby Coal Harbor and many streets have designated bike paths. We rode to Stanly Park, one of the world's largest parks. It was an easy ride around the park with great views. I would recommend the Fairmont Hotel for anyone seeking a high end hotel with all amenities and conveniences nearby.

3  Thank MumnKeiki

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay here at The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. I am delighted that you had such a great trip to our slice of paradise here in the Pacific Northwest. I truly hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to both our beautiful city and The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver.