“Coldest Beer in Town”

Neighborhood: West End
Vancouver
“Coldest Beer in Town”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

don't go if you drink Canadian. If you want an ice cold glass and good selection of ice cold beer search no more. the food menu is good for the size of the place and you won't get anything deep fried and the accompaning greasy smell. Great location and just enough TVs for sports or other events

Visited January 2013

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Cool place - Fabulous Grilled Cheese!!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I wanted to find a place where I felt comfortable being by myself in a new town (traveling for work) so a brewpub is always my first choice. The B&M was within walking distance to my hotel so I decided to give it a try. I went there for dinner and drinks and I have to say I was very pleased
They have a build your own mac & cheese and Grilled Cheese but the soup of the day was Tomato so I had to go for the Grilled Cheese - I chose Chorizo and tomato with white cheddar ....awesome! And the soup made it extra yummy. The bread they use on the grilled cheese really sets it apart from your ordinary G.C sandwich.
The bar had a good vibe - watched a vintage hockey game and made small talk with the patrons. The bartender kept my beer full and I liked the local choices.
Overall I really enjoyed it! And even bought a tee shirt - because really - with a name like Beaver and Mullet you have to have proof!!

Visited October 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
“Great pub dinner with friends”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed nearby and noticed this place as we walked about and decided to give it a shot - the "canadian cuisine" tag on the menu caught our eyes.

Everything on the menu we tried was very good, but the spice-rubbed chicken stood out from the crowd - really amazing taste.
The chicken pot pie and shepherds pie were very good, but the tourtiere seemed dry. The server was very proud of the Montreal Sandwich (just as good as you'd get in Montreal!), but having never been to Montreal we could only take there word for it - and it wasn't bad.
A good selection of beers, nary a budweiser in sight.
The service was merely okay, which I'm not sure if that means it is typical for Canadian restaurants or merely poor.

• Visited September 2012
Sacramento, California
“Best Brunch in Vancouver”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My wife and I went here for a weekday brunch and it was certainly the best place we ate at during our 5 day stay in Vancouver. We had the breakfast burrito which was excellent as was the eggs benedict with smoked sockeye. Our server was great the whole time and our food arrived quickly. The only issue that kept it from being perfect was that they were out of fresh fruit and so we had to have a salad instead, but that was certainly excusable given that it was nearly noon. I would definitely recommend for brunch and hope to return if we're ever back in the area.

• Visited August 2012
vancouver, BC
“Big Improvements! I'm a fan again.”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

When this place first opened up we loved it. Then after several months it seemed to go downhill in food quality and drink availability. Just went last night on a non game night and it was great! The non game night means a seat immediately (it's not a huge place) and from 4-6pm is half off the whole menu which was a nice surprise. My grilled cheese (these are gourmet pick-your-own ingredients sandwiches btw) was perfect. My husbands spice rubbed chicken with mashed potatoes looked amazing and he kept showing me how huge it was. He was very happy with it. They had a great winter ale that was on special ($4/pint). It's redeemed itself and then some - we'll be heading here more often now for sure.

• Visited March 2012