“A fun way to learn how to use your camera.”

Vancouver Photo Walks
Book In Advance
Gastown Night Photography Tour
Granville Island Night Photography Tour
Stanley Park Photography Tour in Vancouver
Ranked #27 of 169 Tours in Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Photowalks are the best way to see our beautiful city, learn and practice the basics of photography, and get out of the automatic setting on your camera! In two hours, we cover exposure, ISO, shutter speed, aperture, composition and basic portraiture. You are guaranteed to have a ton of FUN! Lead by a professional photographer, you are given tools, and an opportunity to explore a scenic area (Stanley Park, Canada Place, Chinatown, Gastown, Strathcona and Granville Island) with your camera, and given small learning objectives. Introductory classes are offered during the day, and more intermediate low-light classes in the evening.
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I've been on two of Suzanne's photo walks (day and night). I had a really great time while learning some great techniques to take better pictures and found some new features on my camera. Suzanne is full of energy and makes the photowalk a fun experience for everyone, including herself :)

1  Thank Cslagel
suzrushton, Owner at Vancouver Photo Walks, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

It's true, I have as much fun as everyone else! I'm so glad you were able to learn a few things about your camera while having fun. Thanks for the review!!

Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband and I signed up and it was super. We had a little bit of camera experience but there is always lots to learn. Suzanne was great and tried to give different information to different clients at the level that worked for them. If you learn by hands on rather than from a book, this is most definitely the way to go. I learned so much about my camera and how to improve my shots that I can't wait to go out and shoot some pictures. She even posts a gallery link so you can submit the photos you took and others for feedback after the class is over. Fantastic! I would definitely go back and tell friends to attend.

suzrushton, Owner at Vancouver Photo Walks, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

I greatly appreciate your review, especially as a couple and as people that come in with more knowledge than the average photowalker. It's also wonderful to see that you appreciate the online gallery! I look forward to seeing some of your amazing shots! Thanks for the recommendations and I do hope to see you both again!!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I was very satisfied with the fun and casual presentation Suzanne created to have all 4 of us learn what we came to explore. Her tips were original, and offered so clearly through example that it was a great surprise to actually get some shots I actually liked, while learning new techniques, that I plan to practise until they become second nature. She kept it so interesting the time just flew by. We covered a diversity of techniques, what we asked help with: food photos, action shots, lighting challenges, and working with the shots after. It was a beautiful morning and Vancouver was showing off to visitors, which certainly didn't take anything away from the experience, but I believe Suzanne could brighten up any type of weather with her style and knowledge.

Yay, you posted a picture too! I keep thinking people will want to see some of these new skills we learn on the photowalks, so a big thank you for that! Thank you for the compliments and glowing review of the walk. I'm so glad you got so much from the class, and I hope to see you again sometime!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Never, ever take a generic photography course when you can get personalized, hands-on instruction from Suzanne. Not only did I learn the basics of taking better pictures, gain mastery of my SLR, but I also had a great time!

When looking at the photowalk schedule, don't get too hung up on the location if you can't book the walk of your preference. As long as Suzanne is teaching, they will all be worthwhile.

2  Thank chakimama
suzrushton, Owner at Vancouver Photo Walks, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Best photography class EVER??? That's quite a title! No pressure! haha. I can't wait to see you next year, and see how much of the class you remembered. I'd love to read some of your writing also. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your comments, both personally and professionally!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Suzanne has such a great peronality! It shines through her photos of people! We're from Vancouver so it was nice to be a tourist in your own city! We had a great time and learned how to use our camera! Such great tips and I couldn't really believe that my camera could do that!
Such a blast and thank you Suzanne for this! You rock!

Thank you so much for the kind words and again, I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time!! Please, come back anytime to learn more, and of course have more fun. I appreciate you taking the time to write & review!!