“Photo lovers . . .DON'T MISS THIS TOUR!”

Vancouver Photo Walks
Book In Advance
Granville Island Night Photography Tour
Gastown Night Photography Tour
Stanley Park Photography Tour in Vancouver
Ranked #27 of 165 Tours in Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Photowalks are the best way to see our beautiful city, learn and practice the basics of photography, and get out of the automatic setting on your camera! In two hours, we cover exposure, ISO, shutter speed, aperture, composition and basic portraiture. You are guaranteed to have a ton of FUN! Lead by a professional photographer, you are given tools, and an opportunity to explore a scenic area (Stanley Park, Canada Place, Chinatown, Gastown, Strathcona and Granville Island) with your camera, and given small learning objectives. Introductory classes are offered during the day, and more intermediate low-light classes in the evening.
Las Vegas, Nevada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Photo lovers . . .DON'T MISS THIS TOUR!”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Take the guesswork out of how to get fantastic vacation photos....this tour and guide (Suzanne) is your answer! No matter your skill level, you will learn new techniques and walk away with some amazing shots of Vancouver you would have not captured, otherwise! We felt as if we made an instant friend! Suzanne is very warm, very patient and most of all .....VERY easy to understand when explaining camera settings, lighting, etc. I learned more in two hours than I could have ever hoped for! All of the questions I used to have about photography were answered, on the spot! We LOVED our daytime tour so much, we immediately booked Suzanne for a night walk before we left Vancouver! Well worth it! We are still 'Oooooohing & Ahhhhhhing' over all the great shots we took home with us! Thanks Suzanne!

Visited May 2012
suzrushton, Manager at Vancouver Photo Walks, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Wow, what a positively amazing paragraph! I'm so pleased that you got so many wonderful shots and learned so much. I'd love to see some of them! I'm excited when I see others excited, so thank you for making my experience of teaching photowalks phenomenal! Come back anytime!

Vancouver, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Learned a lot”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This was fun. A small group means you can ask lots of questions. I had read my camera's manual, but nothing beats hands on instruction from someone like Suzanne. She was great, and I have incentive to practice the techniques learned. I even ended up with a few good photos.

Visited May 2012
suzrushton, Owner at Vancouver Photo Walks, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Hi Deb,

Thank you for the feedback, and thank you for sharing the awesome pic! I've been hoping someone would share a stopped water shot!

As always, I greatly appreciate any and all reviews that help people decide if this activity works for them. Thank you so much, and I hope to see you again sometime, perhaps for a low light photowalk in Gastown!

Take care,
Suzanne
Vancouver Island, Canada
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Better than expected!”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

The night walk in Gastown was well organized and fast paced. Suzanne provided guidance and direction that met the variety of skill level of participants. She is a fun and lively teacher that instilled enthusiasm in the class. I learned new tips and tricks, and left more than satisfied. Thanks Suzanne!

Visited March 2012
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Such a great teacher!!”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I'm from Vancouver and had heard about these photowalks on a website called social shopper. As a new DSLR owner I bought 2 photowalks and did a day walk in Aug 2011 and then a night walk in Nov 2011. Both were fantastic! I learned so much about my camera and how to adjust and tweak the settings to take the kind of photos that I want to take. Being able to take the camera off the auto setting has allowed me to experiment with photography and have a ton of fun with it. Suzanne is such an amazing teacher, she is patient, very clear with her explanations and best of all she wants you to have fun and learn a lot. I would highly recommend these photowalks to anybody who wants to see Vancouver is a different way and experiment with their camera regardless of skill level.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank kamila r
Canberra, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Brilliant. A great way to really see parts of Vancouver.”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Suzanne is a fantastic teacher - very patient and encouraging, with a great sense of humour. She is able to look at a photo and tell you exactly how to tweak it to improve it. I learned a few new techniques.

As a visitor to Vancouver I had walked through Gastown briefly, but this tour really had me looking at the buildings, people and surrounds. Loved it.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank KandJtravelling
feelingphotosuz, Owner at Vancouver Photo Walks, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Thanks guys!! Hope you had a safe trip back home. I'm so happy you had a great time and learned a few things! Good luck with Project 365 :)