“Breakfast from Sciue is a Delight!”

Sciue Italian Bakery Caffe
Ranked #32 of 76 Bakeries in Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Sciue. Roman Inspired. Freshly Created. All Times of the Day. We provide innovative, unforgettable fare that people from all walks of life take pleasure in experiencing. Our six locations (800 West Pender, 126 Davie, 1115 Melville, 885 West Georgia, 602 Cordova, 101 Robson) all uniquely provide our Roman inspired food and drink experience throughout the day. With our own bakery, kitchen and close partnership with a local coffee roaster, our offerings are unparalleled and accessible for all. Breakfast, lunch, Roman style pizza whole or by weight, rustic Roman plates, brunch, pastries, desserts, artisan espresso drinks, regional Italian wines, local craft beers, classic Italian beers and much more, you will find a great experience anytime of the day. We created our own line of direct trade organic coffee beans in collaboration with a local roaster which also honours the classic Italian blends. Our revered coffee drinks are a result of our own line of direct trade organic coffee beans developed in collaboration with a local roaster to honour the classic Italian blends. Our restaurant at 800 West Pender will give you the true Roman experience, in the heart of downtown Vancouver. All roads lead to Sciue.
Vancouver, Canada
“Breakfast from Sciue is a Delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I were staying at Le Soleil for her birthday and we wanted to try something a little different than room service, so I ran out early in the morning to Sciue to grab breakfast and I was so happy that I did.

The staff is friendly and helpful and made everything look extra special, since I had mentioned that it was my wife`s birthday. I ordered omelettes and they came out looking as beautiful as they tasted. Plus, their coffee is a delight and their sfogliatelle is TO DIE FOR. Honestly, if you want a delicious pastry that isn`t sweet and definitely out of the ordinary, try one of those bad boys. You won`t regret it.

My wife was so happy to have had such a delicious breakfast on her birthday that this is out go-to place for breakfast when we are on staycation!

Visited August 2012

• Greek first
“Best tiramisu in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Love this place. You must try their tiramisu. Pizza is a little hard but lots of good selections. Friendly staff. Great flow in the restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Our first morning in Vancouver and my MM needed coffee. This place had lots of folk in it so in we went. MM ordered a latte which seems to equate to an Australian flat white. I ordered a Hot Chocolate - $6.50 for the two.

MM rated the coffee as a 5 out of 10, but I couldn't give the hot chocolate a score. It was only luke warm and very weak with a bitter taste, added sugar but that didn't help so I left it.

Didn't order any food so can't comment.

The staff were friendly and the place buzzy, but unfortunately not for us.

• Visited April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Wonderful Lunch Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

The first few times we ate at Sciué on Pender, both of us had lasagne. We thought it was as close to perfection as is possible; although once the previously prepared dish was steaming on the outside but a bit coolish on the inside. Lately though we have gravitated towards the thin crust pizza selections available at lunchtime. They are absolutely delicious and there is quite a variety to choose from. Mind you, they are reheated and brought piping hot to your table and thus the crust is very crisp. We wouldn’t recommend taking your old grandparents and their wobbly teeth to try these pizza slices. Offer them the lasagna instead.

Also available are several vegetarian soups. It turns out we like the minestrone as it is a simple vegetable soup in a tasty broth. Two others we noted on the board were a lentil and a bean and pasta soup. There are also Paninis. We have yet to try those. And as far as their desserts go, we will give them a taste test soon.

Sciué caters to the lunch crowd in the downtown area. You order at the counter, pay for your food which is then brought to you and pick up any beverages yourself after they are prepared. No white tablecloth here. The Pender street outlet is open on Saturday, but not on Sunday, and serves some brunch items.

• Visited March 2013
Port Moody, Canada
“Waiting forever to try their pastries and I was disappointed!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

A grey, rainy January day and I decided I wanted something a bit more than the standard coffee shop confection, so I walked several blocks to check out Sciue. It was the tail-end of the lunch crowd, so it wasn't exceptionally busy.

I saw they had a variety of baked goods as well as pizzas on wooden boards. I may have fared better if I had gone there for lunch and had pizza as they did look tasty.

The server at the till was not friendly - I really don't like it when I am made to feel the shop is doing ME a favour by serving me. I ordered a drip coffee and a white/dark chocolate round cake about the size of a macaroon with strawberry filling.

Disappointed on both fronts. The coffee was lukewarm and not particularly flavourful and the dessert tasted salty and flat.

At least I got out of the office for a walk...

• Visited January 2013