“Great staff, lovely wings!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Displace Hashery
Ranked #1,409 of 3,677 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, International, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Kitsilano
UK
“Great staff, lovely wings!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Entered not really knowing what to expect having been unable to get a seat at a place down the road. I was pleasantly surprised when we walked in. Being from the UK I’ve never really experienced a place like this, a bar with good food and attentive service. Inside it’s exactly what you’d expect. A fair few TVs dotted around with sports on, plenty of seating and a big bar.

I suffer from allergies and the lovely waitress went out of her way to accommodate me, which I really did appreciate. The chef was more than happy to cook up a burger that wasn’t on the menu for me, which again was superb.
Ordered some wings alongside my burger. The wings came out first and they were delicious. Exactly how wings should be. Came with plenty of napkins to freshen up with afterwards.
Having finished the wings the waitress came over with our burgers, which were 2 of the most appealing burgers I’ve ever had.
Another staff member this time male approached us and invited us to join in with the quiz about to start, he was super friendly and inviting. We did say yes at first but unfortunately remembered were unable to stay. We let the guy know and he made a few jokes about it, which actually made the whole place feel a lot more personal and friendly, a bit like a good old pub at home (despite obviously being nothing at all like a proper British pub.)
Plenty of beers available on tap, they were all perfectly fresh. This place clearly knows how to store it’s beer, which unfortunately doesn’t seem to be the norm in a lot of the eateries I visited in Vancouver.

All in all; Lovely food, friendly helpful and funny staff, good beer at good prices. What more can you ask for! I’m glad we got turned away at the place up the road and ended up here, great experience.

• Visited April 2014

Spirit River, Alberta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Wings!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our group of four, two moms and two teenagers, spent some time shopping on 4th Ave and then had a fantastic lunch at Displace Hashery. The food was excellent. Pizzas, stir fry, and mac&cheese. The wings were the hit of the meal! No complaints at all!

• Visited August 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Casual place, good for family & vegetarians, good beers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Great casual place, good beers, good for the family, and good for vegetarians. Nice homemade veggie burger, even better veggie tacos. They even have a nice mac and cheese (better than the standard fare) for the kids.

If you are in the mood for something casual, this is a good place.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sydney, Australia
“Great Patio, Service, Food, Beer Selection & PRICES”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

My fiancee and I really love this place. We go every chance we get. Great patio that wraps two sides of the building (optimizing your chances of getting sunshine). Daily beer & appetizer specials. Food is simple but deliciously executed. My man loves a great and varying beer menu and this place keeps him happy--always something new on tap! Great service and live entertainment many nights of the week. Charming atmosphere and the best prices in Kits, I'd say!

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank MarianKeyesFan123
Vancouver, Canada
“Great local hangout!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Rain or shine, this place is an awesome spot in Kits. I've been here for drinks on a sunny summer afternoon, lunch on a typical dreary spring day and caesars w nachos are good on any day of the year.

The ambiance is fun and lively. I come here for a good place to have a drink and hang out with my friends.

The food is surprisingly good! Everything on the menu is made in house with organic indigence. Keep in mind where you are people, you aren't going to a restaurant with table linens, this is a pub with food.

Come here if you want to grab a bite with your drinks and have a chill time with your friends.

Will definitely be back!