“Best meal ever.”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Howe Street
Transit: Bus Stops are located on Howe Street and on Georgia. We are also located one block west of the City Centre Canada line station.
Description: A celebration of Vancouver’s cultural diversity and natural environment Hawksworth Restaurant showcases ingredient led, contemporary cuisine that demonstrates the highly skilled technique and relentless drive for perfection that has become Chef David Hawksworth’s trademark.Glamorous and elegant, yet relaxed and welcoming with warm and attentive service, Hawksworth Restaurant is located in the heart of the city at Georgia and Howe Streets within the legendary Rosewood Hotel Georgia.Open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, with in bar dining menus and its own private room, Hawksworth can deliver an array of dining experiences from power breakfasts to after-work drinks, to formal gala events.
Reviewed July 28, 2016

Rated #1 in a famous travel book for downtown restaurants. My friend said it was the "best meal I have ever had". The food was excellent, service was fine, and we could walk from the hotel.
Make reservations in advance. It is very popular, but not crowded.

Date of visit: June 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,300)

Reviewed July 26, 2016

We were there for brunch and the restaurant wasn't too busy which I thought would be great for both food and service. Service I must remark was really good and our waitress was very nice and super serviceable.
Now food: I had ordered the "ancho braised pork shoulder tostada" which I assumed would have a South American component (given the name "tostada") but it was not a toast but a Mexican toasted tortilla. The plate had fried eggs, fresh cream, cilantro and the hardest pinto beans ever... completely undecooked.
In places like this restaurant I expect portions to be small and I am fine with that as long as the presentation, flavours, the food experience makes up for the rather small portions; sadly it was not the case... one of my friends ordered the same dish and her beans were also undercooked. The others were not at all impressed with the food. I was quite disappointed to see that the value they offer is not worth it.

Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

Fantastic meal and impeccable service. One of the finest restaurants on the west coast. Was there for a large group dinner and kitchen prepared meals with individual care

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

The food was amazing, we went for the tasting menu and it was all excellent. The restaurant is as smart or casual as you want it to be and is modern glass tables rather than white linen formal. We dressed up but plenty there didn't. There is a good extensive wine collection

Reviewed July 24, 2016

Heard about Chef owner Hawksworth on TV, then read up on his restaurant and decided to give it a try, given all the great reviews. Well, YOU CAN TRUST the great reviews. We came here for dinner last night and it truly was an amazing dining experience from start to finish.

We were driven there by the Fairmont Pacific Rim courtesy BMW and were greeted promptly by 3 bell staff at the door of the Rosewood Hotel Georgia (where this restaurant is located). They opened the doors to the BMW in their crisp uniforms - I have travelled the world and stayed at many 5 star hotels but I must say, last night, I felt like a movie star! We were then shown the way to the restaurant, which took us through this beautifully designed hotel, renovated from a historic building.

Once we arrived at Hawksworth, we were greeted promptly by friendly hostesses who showed us to a lovely table, located in a corner, which gave us a great view of the dining room. There were several separate rooms, but each was decorated elegantly.

Our waiter, Josh, was knowledgable, attentive and pleasant, without being intrusive. One of the sommeliers came up to us and offered to explain the wine menu (more like a book!) and help us pick a wine. My husband, being a wine connoisseur and a certified sommelier (hobby), had already picked out a wine but he enjoyed conversing with her over wine choices, and there were many! Throughout the meal, many different servers brought us our food and each and every one of them was very knowledgable about what they were serving us. The maitre d came by several times to pour our wines and made sure all was fine. The attention to details by every staff was very obvious.

The food was absolutely outstanding!!!!! There was not a single misstep in any of the food we ordered. Let's start with the house made bread basket - yes, you do have to pay for it but for a measly $4, you get this basket of warm, amazingly soft and tasty bread that is made in house. I would definitely recommend you start your meal with this. The olive bread was my favourite (warm, soft and chewy on the inside but a lovely crunchy crust on the outside). I had the Japanese squid appetizer - the squid was cooked to perfection - tender and beautifully presented. My husband's lobster and my daughter's green pea veloute were enjoyed by both. My daughter does not usually like peas but she loved this veloute and ate it all - now that says something!

My daughter and I shared the prime rib and my husband had the lamb loin. The meats were so tender that you could cut it with a butter knife! The lamb loin is marinated overnight, so the flavours were incredible. The prime rib was so juicy and flavourful, we had no problem finishing all 24 oz! The potato and carrots that accompanied the prime rib were no ordinary potato or carrots - I don't know how they made carrots so tasty but they were!

Despite the big meal, we really wanted to try their desserts because they all looked so good. Fortunately, all the desserts we tried were very light and refreshing, so we had no problem finishing all of them! My coconut chantilly with a passion fruit jelly was divine! The passion fruit jelly was so flavourful, it reminded me of the tropics. The other 2 desserts were lovely as well (vanilla bavarois and a hazelnut milk chocolate wafer with orange and sesame).

All in all, it was a truly amazing meal. From the service, to the ambience to the food and alcohol, all was PERFECTION! Expensive? Yes, slightly more than what you would pay in a regular restaurant but not more than what you would in an upscale dining establishment. Worth it? ABSOLUTELY!

We look forward to our next visit to Vancouver, just so we can come here for dinner again.