“Hawksworth every penny!”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Howe Street
Transit: Bus Stops are located on Howe Street and on Georgia. We are also located one block west of the City Centre Canada line station.
Description: A celebration of Vancouver’s cultural diversity and natural environment Hawksworth Restaurant showcases ingredient led, contemporary cuisine that demonstrates the highly skilled technique and relentless drive for perfection that has become Chef David Hawksworth’s trademark.Glamorous and elegant, yet relaxed and welcoming with warm and attentive service, Hawksworth Restaurant is located in the heart of the city at Georgia and Howe Streets within the legendary Rosewood Hotel Georgia.Open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, with in bar dining menus and its own private room, Hawksworth can deliver an array of dining experiences from power breakfasts to after-work drinks, to formal gala events.
Reviewed July 9, 2016

This was my first dinner in Vancouver on my recent trip. I was staying at Rosewood Georgia, and my friend and her sister came to join me. She said it was the #1 restaurant in the city-
My expectations were met in every respect-sophisticated and elegant dining room, menu choices beyond expectation, extraordinary service. I expected small portions, with a restaurant of this caliber, but we were all pleasantly surprised by the enormous portions of excellent food. It was a bit pricey, but worth every penny!

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,300)

Reviewed July 8, 2016

This is a modern, fine dining establishment. There was only one misstep the entire evening. Our shared appetizer, which we requested be served first, arrived with the other appetizers. A small, but important mistake in a restaurant of this caliber. Otherwise, the evening was very enjoyable and we would return.

Reviewed July 7, 2016

Overall we had a really good evening at Hawksworth. I had heard a lot of good things about Hawsworth, so was going in with high expectations. We had a good meal and good service, but were not blown away by any of the dishes. We would go back again, but for a special night I would be just as likely to try some of the other great restaurants in Vancouver.

My main course (Sablefish) and dessert (coconut chantilly) were both very good dishes with interesting flavours and textures. I had the scallops to start, which were a little underwhelming. My husband also found his appetizer (ceviche) a little disappointing. He did really enjoy his main (duck) and dessert (dark chocolate). Our server and the hostess were both fantastic, but we found the sommelier could have been more helpful with wine pairing suggestions.

We had heard Hawksworth could be quite loud. We had an early sitting and found the noise level really reasonable, if not on the quiet side.

Reviewed July 5, 2016

Each year a group of us (8) host a private lunch for a total of 24 , during our participation at an Annual Conference , generally held in the USA, but occasionally in Canada.This year (June) our Conference was in Vancouver.Our lunch took place in the York Room of the Hawksworth restaurant.
The overall experience was of the highest order, including many email communications in advance , pre lunch canapes, aperitifs, food, wine and service.I have had responsibility for arranging this lunch for the past 15 or more years, always in fine dining locations.Without doubt , the Hawksworth was our best lunch ever, and will be a hard act to follow.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed July 4, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I came here while on a visit to Vancouver. The restaurant is in the Georgia Hotel which is a beautiful, old hotel. The restaurant is dark and very, noisy and busy. There's were many staff and they were running around constantly. We decided to get the tasting menu. Neither of us wanted a lot to drink so we asked if we could split the wine pairing and were told we could. Even splitting the tasting, we had a generous amount of alcohol to drink. The tasting menu was fantastic. The portions were not large, but the food was beautifully presented and the flavors were phenomenal. Each dish was a form of art with unique and savory flavors. If was difficult to hear the server and sommelier, so at times we weren't sure what we were eating so I had to ask, which was a little annoying. Define try would come back and ask to be seated at a quieter location.

Date of visit: May 2016