“Breakfast”

Hawksworth Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hawksworth Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 3,914 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Howe Street
Transit: Bus Stops are located on Howe Street and on Georgia. We are also located one block west of the City Centre Canada line station.
Description: A celebration of Vancouver’s cultural diversity and natural environment Hawksworth Restaurant showcases ingredient led, contemporary cuisine that demonstrates the highly skilled technique and relentless drive for perfection that has become Chef David Hawksworth’s trademark.Glamorous and elegant, yet relaxed and welcoming with warm and attentive service, Hawksworth Restaurant is located in the heart of the city at Georgia and Howe Streets within the legendary Rosewood Hotel Georgia.Open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, with in bar dining menus and its own private room, Hawksworth can deliver an array of dining experiences from power breakfasts to after-work drinks, to formal gala events.
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I wanted a cooked breakfast so the Bel Cafe was no good. Here I had eggs benedict a bit pricey I thought, at over 30 dollars with tea and juice, but delicious. No cereal bar or help yourself area la carte only

Write a ReviewReviews (1,106)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is without doubt an outstanding restaurant. Gorgeous interior design, stylish furnishings, hip cool staff, excellent professional service, and simply delicious food. The menu is creative and varied. The chef, Mr. Hawksworth himself, is a culinary genius. You will not be disappointed. If there is anything wrong, it seems a bit noisy, but that is because all the guests are having too good of a time. I guess you cannot complain about that!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

The appetizer of home made sausage and the other of scallops was sensational. Left maybe too high of expectations for the mains of cod and chicken that were good enough to finish. But the daily made desserts made for some fantastic goodness to end on. Great coffee and the macaroons were delivered from heaven for sure. Tailored to gluten-free pretty okay whereas some restaurants just give you less food. The service was right on and could only have been better if it had been friends. The whiskey list and bar menu is substantial and they play until they get it right just for you. Made for the best anniversary dinner we had in Vancouver.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Taken here (rated Van Mag 2013 Restaurant of the Year again) for a business lunch. Room quite busy at 1pm but service smooth and professional. Starters of Pickle Beet salad by my host was rated as excellent, as was her second plate of seared scallops. Mine was the dungeness crab, side stripe shrimp, jalapeno spaghettini with fennel & lemon. It was original and pleasing although lacking much noticeable taste of the fennel or lemon. My main was the aromatic soy roasted sable fish, pork dumpling and pea tendrils. The pork dumplings, which were very ordinary, failed to complement the sablefish (an impossible fish to miscook). Pea tendrils escaped my inspection although corn niblets were quite evident.
What I found outrageous was my wine by the glass. My choice of Orofino's Red Bridge Merlot was ridiculously small in portion. I have very similar size glasses at home and even with a generous eye, I cannot think that the pour was more than 3 oz. That is about one eighth of a bottle of wine that lists in the winery for $25. They charged $15 for this. To cap it all, the independent wine description I read of "intense nose of oak, blackberry, plum etc" were sadly absent in my glass. In fact, it tasted so unlike merlot from the Okanagan Valley that I wondered if it was left over from the previous night or simply not that wine at all.
As I was the guest, I did not want to create a fuss and so did not comment on this. My host was a non-wine drinker and to issue a complaint could have been seen as pedantic and ungracious.

Would I come here again? I might. Do I think the the food reflects the kudos awarded the kitchen? not really, not from the dishes I sampled. Would I have wine from their list? hmmm.....
I can't say no for sure, but my recent experience does not sit well with me at all.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

The senior personnel of my department was invited to lunch at Hawksworth by senior personnel of a corporate bank in Vancouver. The positive was by far the food..from the appetizers (scallops) to the lunch menu entrees (array of beef and seafood dishes) to dessert (tiramisu). They even have a coffee and cheese selection for the after entree selection.

Now for the negative...which by itself prevents a recommendation for Hawksworth as a place to hold a business lunch for large groups (say 5 people or more). The sounds of conversations of the patrons in the restaurant seem to get trapped in the restaurant. It was difficult to hear the words of the people at our own table. The best I can describe it is the sounds of noisy sports fans in a sports stadium. For you those familar with the National Football League, imagine the fan noise at Seattle's CenturyLink Field.

The other close analogy would be the same noise environment at a high school cafeteria.

Hawksworths...food was great and so was the service...Just reconsider if you want to hold a business lunch for large groups.