“Yummy and not pretentious”

Hawksworth Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hawksworth Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 3,942 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Howe Street
Transit: Bus Stops are located on Howe Street and on Georgia. We are also located one block west of the City Centre Canada line station.
Description: A celebration of Vancouver’s cultural diversity and natural environment Hawksworth Restaurant showcases ingredient led, contemporary cuisine that demonstrates the highly skilled technique and relentless drive for perfection that has become Chef David Hawksworth’s trademark.Glamorous and elegant, yet relaxed and welcoming with warm and attentive service, Hawksworth Restaurant is located in the heart of the city at Georgia and Howe Streets within the legendary Rosewood Hotel Georgia.Open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, with in bar dining menus and its own private room, Hawksworth can deliver an array of dining experiences from power breakfasts to after-work drinks, to formal gala events.
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Great service, great ambience, good quality for the price. If you are a 'foodie' I would totally recommend going there.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,120)

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Went for lunch. I had a lamb curry. My friend had a tuna salad. They charged $4.00 for bread that was good but not exceptional as you would expect for $4.00.
Lamb curry was good, each ingredient identifiable and not a mush. Vij quality? I don't think so. My friends tuna salad was as she described "unimaginative".
We were never asked if we wanted dessert. Drip coffee was $5; OUCH! Tea $4. The young inexperienced server hovered over me as I filled in the credit card info and put in tip details. Not good.
I will go back but so far I was not wowed and I do not believe it equals Yew next door, at least at lunch.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Service, food, wine, all outstanding- what more can I say. Presentation is artful. We splurged on the tuna carpaccio/sturgeon caviar appetizer (a special that night). Beautiful combined texture and taste out there in the stratosphere. Special occasion pricey but worth every cent. Main courses (duck and pork rack) delicious. Nice browned flavor on the duck.Great cheese plate and grappa to finish!
Food does not get any better than this.

1  Thank billvan_10
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Fabulous swank decor! My meal:
Starter: a trio of fresh oysters (2 from BC, one from the East), accompanied by my favourite Italian cocktaill (Aperol Spritz).
Main: Unbelievably good sable fish with a crust on top and buttery-melt-in-your-mouth consistency below; on a cake of crispy sushi rice, accompanied by fresh, perfectly cooked veggies (peas, chantarelle mushrooms, fresh off the cob corn and some other thing that was like a water chestnut), all of this with a serving of hot tom yum sauce served at the table, so as not to lose the crispy from the fish and rice cake.
Had a glass of the Blue Mountain bubbly with it (BC sparkling wine), which was perfect with the sable fish (although not chilled enough for my liking if it were an aperetif, but fine for eating withteh entree). I didn't order dessert, but I got complementary home-made petit fours with the bill: a tiny hazelnut cake (about 1.5" x 0.75") and a homemade raspberry jelly. Delish! Prices: entrees $20-$35. You should go!!!!!

Reviewed March 14, 2012

many of my friends have told me for quite sometime to go try Hawksworth. i finally did....and boy i am glad i finally did!
service was bang on. attentive servers ...gave us space when we needed it, but always there when the need be.
the nova scotia sea bass was terrific. i loved the crisp skin still on the fish, and the spot prawns were tasty.
my partner had the duck and it almost brought her to tears! i am on a cleanse and have to stay away from meats but let me tell you, i almost quit the cleanse right there and then and reached over the table to scarf some duck down myself after seeing her expression after that first bite !!

man!

the atmospehere was nice and elegant...not really in my wheelhouse but not everything is...