“Not worth your time and money”
Review of Frenchies Diner

Frenchies Diner
Ranked #823 of 3,868 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: French, Canadian
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I think the title says it all. You can have a better smoked meat sandwich, for less money, at Costco! The Poutine was served with cold fries mixed with hot fries, the gravy was very greasy.
I'm not sure what the point of the decor was, seemed like I was at political rally for PQ separatists. Service was friendly but nothing to write home about.

Reviewed May 18, 2011

I have honestly eaten better poutine almost anywhere else. (Fritz? Amazing) But the poutine here tasted like the gravy was made with pre-packaged power stuff and they are so cheap on the fries. Along with the poutine, I had the smoked meat sandwich. It was ok, but again, cheap on the meat. It's not just being cheap on the items, but I felt the items were overcharged for what you get.

I would have given this place 2.5, but they lost points for the not so great service as well. So 2/5 is really all they get. It's too bad, I was really looking forward to trying this place since it's so close to work.