“Amazing breakfast calzone and coffee!”

Giovane Cafe + Eatery + Market
Ranked #210 of 3,751 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: giovane cafe + eatery + market is the city’s best casual Italian café + eatery serving daily breakfast, lunch, aperitivo, and weekend brunch. At giovane cafe + eatery + market you must indulge – sip on seriously qualified stumptown coffee, snack on house-made baked goods and pizza, or sample from our premium pastas and italian wine. giovane market celebrates artisanal items, sourcing the best of BC and Italy’s finest.
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing breakfast calzone and coffee!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Great place for breakfast with sweet & savoury options. Breakfast calzone was fresh and very tasty. Coffee with well above the bar. They sell their own beans. Will go back for cakes as they all like works of art but too full from brekkie at the mo!

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Turner Valley, Canada
“Great Experience -Wine Bar and menu”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had a long day in Vancouver and didn't really want a heavy meal. We sat down as the Wine Bar was not playing load music. George was our server and he knew his menu, and the wine to go with it. We put our dinner in his hands. He recommended the wine and the mushroom sauce, chesses and the fresh meat with bread. The dessert was the finishing touches. We were thrilled with our evening of different foods that normally we would have not tried. Thanks again George for you great services and recommendations. We will be going again before we leave on this trip.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Deb F
Nanaimo
“Good for Quick Lunch”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Fast service, healthy fare. Reasonable prices. Would like to see more tables rather than low, but fashionable, low ones that are more suited to the wine bar aspect than a luncheon plate. Yes, I would go there again.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank NoliesNanaimo
Phoenix, Arizona
“Nice Cafe”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We had a light lunch and several stops for coffee at Giovane Café in the Fairmont Pacific Rim. The food and coffee were great. Friendly staff and fun atmosphere.

• Visited May 2013
Okanagan, British Columbia, Canada
“Bad service”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We wanted to eat at the lobby bar (we were staying at the hotel) but we were told they were full and were sent over to Giovane which would have been fine but I have a pine nut allergy and when I asked if they could make me a Panini fresh to avoid cross contamination, I was told No. I asked them to confirm that the pesto had pine nuts, they confirmed it as a yes.
So I told them that we were hungry after just arriving at the hotel and asked what can I order to eat then that would be safe ... get this answer; I was told they couldn't accommodate me with anything! My hubby and son ordered their meals which they told me was so so. HMMM. Not a good start. I had to order from the lobby lounge in eat in the café. It took forever for the girl at the cash register to ring it in as she didn't know how. My bill was 54.00 for one sushi roll, one bowl of bland miso soup, two Panini's and one pop. Another 15.00 for 3 coffee's. The chef came by later telling me, he could make sure I get a lunch the next day and that my allergy could be accommodated with advanced notice, he was really nice but this was too late for today.

• Visited May 2013
FairmontPacificRim, Director of Food & Beverage at Giovane Cafe + Eatery + Market, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review; we sincerely appreciate it. We are disappointed that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please note we have followed up with our team to ensure we are maintaining consistency with our high level of service and the ordering process. I would invite you to contact me directly at mark.steenge@fairmont.com to discuss your experience in further detail. I certainly hope for the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Mark Steenge