“Don't be late”

Bites On Salmon Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Guided Salmon Fishing Charters from downtown Vancouver BC. Located beside the Lift Bar and Grill at the Westin Bayshore Hotel. Lots of parking within a 2 minute walk of the boats. We are open 7 days per week and offer morning and afternoon guided charters. Great Times and Great Rates!
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife, my son and I were held up due to travel problems on last friday we called Biteson charters about rebooking the trip for Saturday the only thing they offered was a 1.5 hr (fishing trip) boat ride for later in the day. We asked what the cancelation fee and we were told the total cost of the trip would be charged to our credit card, 540 dollars. Nice day for them they did not have to buy fuel or bait. I fish all over the north america and have never been taken advadage of in such a way. If they had offered to book on another day or take a reduced cancelation fee we would have had no problem paying that.
When we got to our hotel the Westin we noticed the Biteson boat never left the dock Friday or Saturday. I would never use this charter company again if you want to fish I would suggest you go to Seward Alaska where my sons and I have had many wonderful fishing trips.

5  Thank John W

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had another charter booked with Ocean Adventures and got stood up at the dock by them. We then called Evan at Bites On and he got us on the water the next day. Booked a half day charter, and we hit 3 good fish, one good sized spring and two sockeye. Evan has been chartering for over 20 years, a great guy, with a quality boat and great gear. He coached our son in landing a large spring salmon after it hooked up, and it's something Scott will remember for his whole life. I highly recommend Evan, and Bite's On. Just look then up on the web, they are conveniently located down on the water by the Westin Bayshore. You won't be disappointed, we'll definitely be back.

5  Thank WalleyGog
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I chartered a 5 hour trip with Evan and had a great time! I was alone, and as a female, I really appreciated feeling safe, respected, and having a great time on my first salmon fishing trip. The boat was clean and had a very clean bathroom. No smoking is permitted on the boat, so it did not smell like cigarettes! We caught 4 salmon, and I kept the 2 largest, which Evan kindly boxed up for me with frozen gel packs. I was able to check the box at the airport with no problems. I had a fun time and would go again with Evan if I get the chance to visit Vancouver again.

3  Thank tmcgowen
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Visited Vancouver for the 1st time this summer. Wanted to try salmon fishing and was able to book a trip with Bites-on for 5 (friends and family).

Capt. John Barton guided us on his name-sake the John B for our 8 hour trip. The boat was well-cared for and very nice. We had a great trip to the islands near Vancouver. The fishing was not as sucessful as we'd like, but no fault to Capt. John. That's why they call it "fishing" and not "catching". :) We did land 2 large Chinhook salmon with 1 getting away! What a thrill!

We did our own imitation of "The Deadliest Catch" and caught ~12 or so Dungeness Crabs. Unfortuantely all were 1-2 cms short of legal size.

Overall, a fun trip and a good time to share with friends and family. The weather was great and scenary picture-perfect. Capt. John was very knowledgeable, not to mention friendly and helpful. We would love to go on another trip soon with Capt. John.

5  Thank Jimming14