“The best dumplings!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Shaughnessy
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Lin is the BEST dim sum place in Vancouver. It is not at all fancy, but their food is phenomenal. The Shanghai "slurpy" dumplings are filled with broth and are so, so good. The noodles are delicious and the green beans are out of this world. Among my group of friends, we make sure we only go there when EVERYONE is on the trip to Vancouver, or otherwise whomever is left out will be really upset that they missed Lin dim sum when everyone else got to enjoy. Wonderful!

There are newer reviews for LIN

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Lin's reminds me of a typical chinese hole-in-the-wall. Minimalist decor; nonchalant (but not rude) service; and excellent food at modest to moderate prices. Their Tan Tan noodles are FANTASTIC. The pork and mixed vegetable accompliment absolutely delicious. Their Shanghai Dumplings burst in your month with great flavors; truly as good as some of the best in Shanghai. Another must try is their tea smoked duck. Wow, and only $12 for a half. That is cheap. We have tried some other dishes, which were very good, but the above are our favorites. Parking is do-able on the street (metered parking). They supposedly have a parking lot in the back alley but I could never find and it was just as easy to park on the street.

By the way, this is not in Van Chinatown or in Richmond. Sorta between the areas.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Their Xiao Loong Biao is better than the Best in Shanghai! Other dishes are also very good including wrapped beef rolls, family vegetable & ham rice in a clay pot...

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We went to Lin as it had a good rating on TA, upon arrival we discovered a low key Chinese eatery... we spent ages looking through the menu as there was nothing that appealed to either of us... we noticed that the dinners sitting besides us ordered the tea smoked duck and as we both love duck, that is what we ordered.
We have both lived in London UK for many many years and have been spoiled for choice when it comes to Chinese restaurants... or any other type of restaurant come to think of it...

Before the duck arived we decided that Lin would be our first and last dining experience as the menu was so boring and unappetising...

Then the duck arrived, and OMGosh I hoovered down practically the whole thing it was so good, my wife had to fight me off to get hold of a leg...
In London we are used to Chinese crispy duck, but this Tea smoked duck is something special...

If you are in the area and fancy some really good duck, give Lin a try... forget about the rest of the menu its pretty dull... so dont say I didnt warn you..!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We went to Lin (Lin Chinese Cuisine and Tea house) for Chinese New Year dim sum today; this is the third meal we've had here in the past year. My husband's family is Chinese and usually like the Richmond places so I was happy to try a Vancouver restaurant as that's where we live. We ALL (Chinese and non-Chinese) loved the food here when we were invited as guests last year. At that time most of the dishes we had were veg and fish and were light and delicious. When we've gone just with family we've ordered more meat dishes and they've all been good too. Today we ordered chicken, pork, prawns, spinach and several kinds of the Shanghai type dumplings and they were outstanding. The service has always been good and prompt - we always make a reservation. We paid $90 for 5 people including tax. I think for a Chinese restaurant the atmosphere is actually quite nice here compared to some of the cavernous dim sum places we've been to in Kerrisdale and Richmond; it's quite small relatively so that gets points for me.