“Exotic extravagent decor”

Copper Chimney - Hotel Le Soleil
Reserve with OpenTable
Copper Chimney - Hotel Le Soleil is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #246 of 3,730 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Dunsmuir St.
Transit: Burrard sky train station or Granville sky train station
Description: Located within the Hotel Le Soleil, the Copper Chimney Restaurant & Bar offers Indian inspired fusion cuisine in an art deco style ambiance.
Edmonton, Canada
“Exotic extravagent decor”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Breakfasts were great especially the West Coast Benedict, though it could have had a smidgeon more sauce. Staff very attentive to our needs

Visited May 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“Enjoyable Indian Fusion Fare”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The Copper Chimney, attached to Le Soleil, was an enjoyable dining experience.

My highest praise goes to our server. She was knowledgeable about both the food and the wine and was attentive, but not overzealous, which I often find with restaurants that are attached to hotels. She was absolutely lovely and she made our experience that much more enjoyable.

We also happened to be there for Dine Out Vancouver 2013. The offerings were definitely interesting and tasted very good, but did leave me wanting a little more. I had a tasting plate of traditional Indian cuisine with a western flair and they all were very nice. My wife had this delicious coconut curry soup - by far the best thing I tasted that evening, aside from her dessert, which I have no idea what it was, but what they made was magical. My macarons certainly had nothing wrong with them, but they were a little on the lackluster side.

The biggest drawback of the restaurant is how wide open it is. We happened to be there on a very busy night, so even though we were placed in the balcony, it was still a little too loud for our romantic dinner. But, the server and the food certainly helped to make up for that.

Visited January 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent flavours!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We went for dinner during Dine Out Vancouver and thought the $28 menu was reasonable value and, at that price, all the dishes were impressive. Unfortunately, the regular prices are a little inflated (mains ranging from $18 to $34.50, with most around $22-25) so we wont be rushing to go back. Working nearby, I was excited to see if they had a reasonable lunch menu, but no luck, the prices are the same lunch or dinner, pricing themselves out of many people's lunch budget. Though being a decent restaurant attached to a hotel I'm sure they have no problem attracting clientele. I would disagree with the note on their website that this stretch of Hornby Street is Vancouver's nighttime entertainment district and not sure why they want to mention being near to Brandis.

• Visited January 2013
BC
“Small space - big taste”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Meals prepared with an Indian flair, loved the fusion dishes and the friendly wait staff. If you love curry and who doesn't? You really should try out the Copper Chimney - nice location downtown too.

Visited April 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great find!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I loved the Tandoori-style lamb chops. I paired it with a delightful Cabernet. It was only surpassed by the waitstaff.

Cheers!