“Really good food”

Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Davie Village
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended the banana leaf by the hotel and it didn't disappoint. The food was very tasty and reasonably priced - my only warning is that the waiters definition of what is hot may not be quite the same as your own.....

There are newer reviews for Banana Leaf Malaysian Cuisine

Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband & I were recently in Vancouver, BC & dined at this restaurant. I ordered the Sunday special which was Ginger Lobster (Delicious!)--they somehow flavor & deep fry the whole lobster! My husband had the braised lamb shank which was also very Delicious! We had their Haianese chicken rice (very tasty) & some coconut rice.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I cannot believe why the people are rating about Banana leaf. I had dinner at banana leaf with my husband, the food here is not good as I hope. We had beef satay as starter and for main is calamari platter and gulai seafood. Beef satay is sweet and not moist, not enough spices marinate, peanut sauce is too sweet. Calamari is tender and come with green salad, again salad has some kind of sweet dressing. Gulai seafood is too much coconut cream milk and little seafood with 3 shrimps, 2 scallop, 4 or 5 small clams, 3 small pieces of squid and a small piece of muddy smelly basa fish. This seafood come with not cooked green beans, lady fingers, and pineapple. I dont find the taste of lemon gress and ginger at all. Rice is not included for main and I order one steamed rice and one coconut rice. Rice are undercooked. Service is good.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

My wife and I stopped here one evening because we wanted something a little different. Walking to our table, we saw a lot of food that looked really good. I ordered the lamb shank and my wife had the lobster. Both were very good. The Mai tai was pretty good too. I thought it was a little pricey though.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We were looking for a different kind of restaurant and luckily found Banana Leaf.
Reception was very friendly and altough we didn't made a reservation the girl managed to find us a table.
Our water was very nice and was on standby to give us advise if needed.
The food was great, we really liked the sate starter and wished we ordered some more. Our entrees also tasted amazing.
This was a very nice experience and if we ever visit Vancouver again we will certainly go to this restaurant.