“Below Average In All Areas”
Review of Glass City Cafe - CLOSED

Cuisines: Canadian
Neighborhood: Robson Street
Neighborhood: Robson Street
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Decided to try this place since we were looking for something new. When we walked in we were told to seat ourselves but then waited about 10 minutes for the waitress to greet us and give us a menu so we did not know if we were supposed to go up to the counter to order. Then I ordered a salad and was told they were only serving from the breakfast menu even though it was almost 3pm! My boyfriend ordered the waffles, which tasted more like donuts than waffles since they were ridiculously sweet. If the food wasn't so cheep I would have complained to the manager, but instead we just paid the bill and left.

Reviewed February 8, 2011

I occasionally find myself eating here when better restaurants nearby - e.g. the Art Gallery Cafe - are full. It's neither good nor bad, just indifferent. The room is quite attractive, the servers are not unfriendly, the food is about of the calibre you might make yourself if you're not a professional cook. I do get annoyed when, for example, I order something that comes with toast, and then only remember when it arrives at my table that they don't butter the toast and that the only condiment they have is strawberry jam (no marmalade or grape jelly or raspberry jam or honey or....). Anyway, I'll probably end up here again the next time I need fuel and don't have the time or inclination to find someting better.

1  Thank WandererOnTheRoad