“Great food with the worst service I've ever had”

Cinema Public House
Ranked #1,093 of 3,707 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Granville Street
Description: Cinema is ideally situated on one of the busiest corners in the historic Theatre Row section of Granville Street. A large herringbone-pattern tile spans the floor, leading to walls finished with brushed granite oak. The busy dining room, well lit by custom chandeliers, serves modern pub food, while the bar side has a mirrored drop ceiling and re-purposed desk lamps, achieving a cool, low-light atmosphere. Guests can select favourites from the jukebox while they play pinball or shuffleboard, or simply enjoy craft beer and cocktails at their leisure.
“Great food with the worst service I've ever had”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I ate here tonight and although the food was really good, the service was literally the worst I have ever had. Our server appeared drunk and forgot that 2/5 of us even ordered drinks and then proceeded to get our drinks wrong. She forgot our food orders and made a number of mistakes on what was brought to the table. She left two of us with empty beers for our entire meal and never talked to us after our order was taken until after our meal was finished. It was a tuesday night and she was not busy and this is coming from someone with many years experience in the serving industry. Hands down the worst meal experience of my life based solely off their poor service. Manager was great and apologized however even after our server was told she was terrible by her manager she did not apologize and instead grabbed my girlfriend (literally) aside and confronted her. Embarrassing service for what could be a great meal as the food (even though 3/5 were wrong) was very good.

Lawrence, Kansas
“Great drinks, service, and food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Went for a drink after work and stayed for dinner - lots on the menu, reasonably priced, excellent service!

Visited April 2014
“Good food and good cocktails”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went ate here after catching a movie down the street. I had the pub burger and we had several cocktails. The service was good and overall the food tasted great. It was a little pricey for what it was, but not too over he top. My only complaint is that it is very dimly lit insid. To the point where it was difficult to read the menu. Our waitress was very helpful and he lighting did not ruin our evening by any means. We had a good experience and would eat / drink here again.

• Visited May 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Good beer selection”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Been to this Cinema Public House a few times. The beer selection is good, the wings are great. Service is average, neither outstanding or bad.

Unfortunately one time when I was running a tab here, someone else's drinks got onto my tab, I didn't bother looking at the itemized receipt until I got home; wasn't going to bother going back to complain but it gave me a bad impression of the place so I won't run a tab any more but the wings and beer will bring me back.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank 998MichaelW998
Vancouver, Canada
“Not at all bad for a quick drink and snack”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Late lunch, mid-week. Almost empty. Server average - which in Vancouver is pretty good - house red 'off'! Asked for a replacement at the same price, after consultation with Manager agreed. First glass seemed a bit on the mean side but the next couple were poured properly from a full measure. Fish & Chips ($14) was greasy but perfectly edible, served with fries and tartar sauce. Not at all bad for a quick drink and snack.

Visited February 2013