“Put it on your Vancouver list”
Review of Cork and Fin - CLOSED

Cork and Fin
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Gastown
Cross street: Water Street
Transit: Waterfront station is a 5 minute walk away connecting with the North shore Seabus, Skytrain, and West Coast Express. Buses run along Cordova St. just steps away from the front door.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Fin and Cork was recommended to us by the concierge at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia,so we secured a last minute reservation for dinner on a Saturday in March. I was put off by the name of the restaurant-it connotes a pub to me- but the place is pure bistro.

We chose the 4 course prix fixe menu, a bargain at $45.00 plus up charges for some selections. A 3 course menu at $32.00 is also available. The concierge had waxed on about the agnolotti pasta and I wanted to try it, so we did the 4 course. The pasta did not disappoint. Really delicious. We also ordered the wine pairings, another bargain at $18.00 for 3 generous pours. One must order an additional glass a la carte if one does 4 courses rather than 3. One of the selections was a chardonnay. I dislike oaked chardonnays and enquired whether it was. I was assured that it was unoaked. It was oaked. My glass was promptly replaced with another selection.

The restaurant was full and had lots of energy. We had no problem hearing one another and the staff, except for our waitress who was almost inaudible. Part of the problem stemmed from her looking at everyone but us when she was speaking to us. Other than that, we liked the restaurant a lot and recommend it. Fabulous value and very good food. In fact, we preferred it to L”Abbatoir, its neighbour, where we dined the night before.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

When our concierge recommended this place, but then told us it was booked solid, we decided to try our luck and run over for an early walk-in seating. We were fortunate to land the only open table and were greeted with excellent service. Very cool vibe and decor at this restaurant, but not "over the top" trendy. You MUST try the Dark & Stormy cocktail. The bartender devised his own ginger syrup for this drink and it does not disappoint! The prix fixe option with wine pairings is an excellent deal at $50. Pass on the sole, which is just okay, but definitely partake in the seafood bisque - it was delicious!! Overall, this place was perfect for a delicious and memorable dinner for two. We've told everyone to give it a try!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I and our 3 month old went looking for someplace with great local food and ambiance for dinner on a recent rainy trip to Vancouver. The Cork and Fin had been the venue for a work function earlier in the week (also awesome for that!) and we ended up back there for dinner after walking around Gastown for a bit. It was amazing! Their three course meal (and yes, I did substitute dessert for the first course because I love dessert, and the cheesecake pot was TOTALLY worth it! I would have taken it home if I could!) is a great way to check out their menu and have a perfect meal for a great price! We pretty much had the place to ourselves early on a Sunday night and the staff went above and beyond; in fact when the little one got fussy our server offered to walk around with her for us so we could savour our exquisite meal (moule and frites and lobster risotto...yummy!)! The menu is fresh and local, you can see into the prep area and the staff were very helpful and made excellent recommendations (and cocktails!). We would definitely recommend the Cork and Fin if you are in Vancouver and will definitely be back!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My girlfriends and I had dinner at Cork and Fin during the Dine Out Vancouver festival. Their menu included three savoury items opposed to the usual appy, main and dessert. This was so perfect for us because none of us really have a sweet tooth! The staff and food were great, but the washroom was a bit awkward. The washrooms are down this long narrow hallway and I had to say "excuse me" to at least 3 different people before I finally made it there. Other than the narrow hallway, I have no other complaints. Food was fresh and staff were friendly.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Colleagues and I went to dinner after spending the day at conferences. The moment we walked in the door we were transported to a wonderful evening.Although it was quiet when we entered the atmosphere was pleasant and the smells emanating from the kitchen were enticing.
We shared a seafood tower between the three of us and this was amazing as it was filled with a variety of seafood cooked to perfection, prawns, oysters, crab. mussels and lobster. The service was highly attentive as the waitress explained everything so well on the menu and was most knowledgeable helping us select an appropriate wine - all in all it was a great evening with very reasonably priced food