“Worth the wait”

Ranked #2 of 136 Dessert in Vancouver
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed July 29, 2013

When we first saw the lines going out of the store and down the street, we thought, no ice cream is worth that! We figured it had to do with the downtown location and weekend tourist trade. But one afternoon we tried it, and it was amazing! All the awards and press were a clue that this place had real value beyond location, and they were right. It was the most amazing gelato I've ever had. Well worth waiting in line for.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is the best gelato I've ever had. There were lines everyday that we walked by. One of my last days I happened to arrive at 11 AM and no one was queuing. I decided to try it out and I'm glad I did. I didn't realize there could be such a difference between gelato shops. This is fantastic and definitely deserves the hype and the #1 newspaper articles.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Well, the title says it all---best gelato in the world as rated by the official Gelato competition in Florence, Italy. And, understandably the Italians were'nt any too pleased about it, Not only that, but now Bella's is the most visited Gelateria on the planet as well. Salted Caramel is the hands down most popular for good reason, But---and trust me on this one---the Black Sesame gelato---amazing. If you like peanut butter, you'll love the taste and texture of the Black Sesame.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

It even beats the gelato we have had in Italy and that's to say something. We had: Banana bread, toasted black sesame, the saffron and pistachio and finally, the absolutely best thing I have ever had: Lavender gelato. It was absolutely amazing.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This place is amazing, if judging only by the long line outside. The gelato is incredible, and the flavors are intriguing. I had 3 flavors - salted caramel, espresso, and black sesame. All of them were good, but the black sesame was to-die-for. You've got to try it.