“A Trip to the G Spot”

Ranked #1 of 136 Dessert in Vancouver
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed April 8, 2013

James Coleridge is truly an artisan gelato creator.
He uses old-world process in an industrial world to craft a palate-pleasing experience.
I could not decide on what flavour to chose - in the end I had the Lemoncello Cheesecake. It tasted like heaven on earth. I've been to Italy and tried many gelatos, but none as amazing as this. Bella Gelateria truly deserves all the accolades that the owner, James has earned.
Not only does he provide us with his culinary delights he shares his secrets with other up-and-coming gelato makers to help them with their craft.
Thanks making the best gelato James.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I just came back from Bella Gelateria. WOW! WOW! WOW! I'm not sure if I just died and went to heaven, but Maestro James' Espresso La Futura and Chocolate & Amarena Cherries combination sure made me feel like I was right there in the face of divinity. It's no wonder they won first place in the 2012 Florence Firenze Gelato Festival in both techinal merits and people's choice award.

However, since I'm writing this TripAdvisor review I assume I'm not dead yet - but I do know for sure I just experienced a piece of heaven. This is the fastest I've ever reviewed a place after dining there. It's that good!

The staff is so friendly! Maestro James is also very friendly and very hands-on with his product. You can tell it's his passion. He was also kind enough to take a photo with us and his victorious paddle. The ambiance, product ,& folks here are all WINNERs WINNERs WINNERs!!! This is a Vancouver must!

TIP: This is the place for you if you enjoy Gelato or want to know what Gelato is. This is NOT ice cream and not the place for you if you want cheap baskin-robbins.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This place has to be a Reason, all on its own, to visit Vancouver! All the chocolate flavours are to die for, they even have a version that's Lacoste intolerant friendly, but ask to taste the Persian concoction!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Our tour guide recommended this place for its award-winning gelato with maple syrup and its alcohol-infused flavors. Apparently, it was the only non-Italian contest winner at a big competition in Florence. Even though it's January, and the outside temperature was below freezing, I was determined to check it out since I love gelato and the maple syrup combination was intriguing.

The shop is fortunately nice and warm, and the woman behind the counter offered us tastes of several different flavors. I tried the white wine sorbet, the amaretto, and the award-winner, which turned out to be made with pecan and sea salt, as well as a drizzle of maple syrup. All were delicious.

Next time I'm in town, hopefully it will be summer, and I will get to try some of the other flavors, like the beer sorbet!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I WAS a faithful customer, and love their gelato dearly. When I saw that they offer dine out menu, I was so excited to try. For $18, we got 3 flavors of gelato, with similar portion than the regular order of 3 ($6.95+tax), but paying more than double the price just for more fancy cups and plate. I thought "dine out" is designed by offering better deal to attract more customers for future, instead of punish us for choosing the dine out menu. I'm certainly disappointed.

3  Thank FYU