“Tranquility amid the season of madness”

Smile Thai Wellness Spa
Ranked #1 of 220 Spas & Wellness in Vancouver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Visiting Vancouver? Vacation, weekend break, visiting family or working holiday? Feeling tired or achy from a long flight or a long walk in the park or the seawall? We provide for you the Traditional Thai Massage, Relaxing Thai Aroma Oil Massage and Therapeutic Deep Tissue Massage, Thai Herbal Spa Treatments, Registered Massage Therapy (RMT) as well as Traditional Chinese Acupuncture. These are the alternative healing therapies that designed to restore your body and mind to full health, performed by our team of professional holistic therapists in Vancouver. Smile Thai Wellness Spa Vancouver is also the place for Couples Massage in Vancouver. Located in the heart of Downtown Vancouver, close to the Westend & Yaletown and all major hotels in Vancouver, where you can relax and unwind in this oasis of serenity, friendly and warm atmosphere created by our therapists and surroundings. If you wish to improve your holistic health, manage your wellness lifestyle or try one of the best massages in Vancouver, book your appointment today.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Writing as some one who normally has to work, and be on duty over the Christmas Holiday season...........a season , so it seems to me, of increasing madness ,frenzy, and heavy expectations; I have in recent years, adopted the custom of affording myself the luxury of massage; a gift to myself !

Each year, as soon as Christmas concludes, I make a 2hour+ appointment with Austin, owner and operator of Smile Thai Wellness Spa.
This urban oasis is soooooooo authentically Thai !! (I have twice travelled in Thailand).
One is welcomed as an honoured guest with tea and relaxing conversation, only after that , does one's appointment on the massage table commence.
Austin, and his team of therapists work wonders on one's body, mind, and , soul.

I cannot recommend this tranquil oasis more highly...it is a wonderful gift idea, or, perhaps more importantly, a simple gift to oneself.
Keith Gilbert

Reviewed December 20, 2012

A few weeks ago my boyfriend treated me to a 90-minute Thai couple massage for the two of us. Now, I've had many massages all over the world (from Canada to the Czech Republic to South Africa to Hong Kong, etc.) but I've never had a Thai massage. I've heard about them before, but since I just love love love oil-based massages, I've never had a reason to "venture out" of my massage comfort zone. I didn't really think it would be too different from any massage I've had, but it was very different--but in the best way!

Firstly, the room we were in was just beautiful. The lighting was very romantic and created a super sensual atmosphere. There were two tempurpedic-like mattresses on the floor and this is where we were to lay down. Before we did this though, we had to change into spa clothes they provided--a fresh, white and clean cotton top with really comfy pants. Even just wearing the clothes was already relaxing me!

When the massage started, I realized that this was going to be so different. Unfortunately I can't remember our two masseuses' names--but they both did an excellent job. My girl was tiny, but she had the strength of a male power-lifter! It's difficult to explain everything--but to sum the massage up: it felt like a cross between yoga and getting a chiropractic adjustment. In other words, it was AMAZING. I felt so sleepy once we were done--my joints and bones felt as if they were finally all back in place. My muscles felt as if they were in heaven too. I most certainly want to go back when I'm in the area again. I genuinely recommend this to anyone looking for an outstanding massage experience!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

While I was planning our trip to Vancouver, I read about many things to do there. Since I had never had a massage before, I figured my husband and I would treat ourselves while on vacation. After all, many people had given great reviews for Smile Thai Wellness so I figured that was the place to go. We tried the 90 minute traditional Thai massage for couples and were in the same room. Tia and Bee did a phenomenal job. It was not the relaxing type of massage that I was expecting, but extremely beneficial. I could tell the years of tense and tight muscles had built up over time and we really needed some work, so some areas were quite tender afterwards. It was on our last day of vacation but by 10 days after the massage I felt 10 years younger. Not only did it have lingering effects on our tight muscles, but our joints were also looser. My husband echoed my sentiments. I have never experienced such a dramatic change but it made me realize that I needed to continue to do my past by stretching more. I would highly recommend this to anyone wanting to feel better. I think it has done more for me than most workouts have accomplished for improved health benefits and we are active runners.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Thanks to the other reviewers for leading me to try the massage. It was amazing and I found it to be so good that I booked another before I left Vancouver. Thanks to Tia for the deep tissue massage, you did a super job. Wonderful people, wonderful results!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

This was my first Thai massage which was absolutely fabulous. I like how they stretch you out. Hubby & I did the couples massage that included dinner at Khais. Food was excellent too. Staff was great both spa & restaurant. Would go again when visiting.