“Unbelievably good”

Meat & Bread
Ranked #10 of 3,749 Restaurants in Vancouver
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Gastown
Description: We make sandwiches that are high quality, of good value, and prepared with skill as well as heart. The essence of our food simple, fast, delicious is the foundation of Meat & Bread. Our first shop opened its doors in 2010 in the historic Gastown neighborhood of Vancouver, Canada, and, since then, we have opened another shop in Vancouver as well as in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighbourhood.
London, United Kingdom
“Unbelievably good”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I visited while on holiday from the UK, and it is quite literally one of the best meals I've ever had. If I ever go back to Vancouver, I will certainly be returning to Meat and Bread.

1 Thank Tiffany S

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Berkshire
“Fresh and tasty”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Don't get put off by the line good things are worth waiting for. Keeping it simple means a no fuss approach to the end product. Bench seating means you sharecthecexperiencevwith strangers but the staff are so friendly that no one feels a stranger for long.

Reading
“Very original”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We had lunch here yesterday and really enjoyed it, the porchetta has to be tried as it is their main dish. Very original idea, you queue up and they take your order, the Porchetta is made from a large price of roast pork with sme chopped up crackling, salsa verde and/or mustard,which get put on a wooden slab that you take with to have added side salad etc and any drinks. You pay and sit at either a large table or small side tables in the window (4).
Very busy we tried the day before but as it had been ranting the queue was even longer..

I asked if there were any more of these resturants, apparently this is the only one, at he moment...

You have to try it it is yummy

Nanaimo, Canada
“Worth the effort”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My wife and I walked here from ten blocks away and arrived soaked through as we got caught in a huge rainstorm. As soon as we walked in the aromas were amazing. I had the porchetta sandwich. The pork was moist, juicy and flavourful. The chopped crackling was like icing on the cake. I grew up in the UK and there used to be pork butchers back in the day that sold this type of sandwich. So it brought back fond memories. My wife had the roast turkey thigh with spicy sauce. It too was very tasty but a bit messy to eat. Would I go back? You bet!!

Fort Worth, Texas
“this place only has meat and bread”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

If you've never been you don't know what to expect by looking at the name but this place is serious about their sandwiches. Open concept with a huge table where everyone can sit together. They do have a soup and salad as a side but everyone is there for the sandwiches. I got the porkchetta which the only way I can explain is pork cut into slices, wrapped than baked. I would recommend eating sandwiches while they because they are fairly juicy. They want to be known as home grown so their mustard is made in house, their drinks are locally bought, local beer etc. I would love to try this place again and the prices are reasonable.

• Visited March 2014