“They have great sandwiches and I'm confident that anything they put out will be amazing. But #4-worthy?”
Review of Meat & Bread

Meat & Bread
Ranked #15 of 3,943 Restaurants in Vancouver
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Gastown
Description: We make sandwiches that are high quality, of good value, and prepared with skill as well as heart. The essence of our food simple, fast, delicious is the foundation of Meat & Bread. Our first shop opened its doors in 2010 in the historic Gastown neighbourhood of Vancouver, Canada, and, since then, we have opened another shop in Vancouver as well as in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighbourhood and in downtown Calgary’s historic Grain Exchange building.
Reviewed January 28, 2014

THE STATS - Out of 10

Taste: 8 - Ingredients are fresh and expertly matched
Creativity: 8 - Not your run-of-the-mill sandwich place
Service: 5 - Can't say much about it since its not a sit-down
Bang for your buck: 8 - You pay for gourmet
Overall experience: 8 - Not too shabby for meat and bread

Would I go back? Yes, I'd definitely like to try a few more menu items, especially the porchetta.
Who would I recommend it to? If you're looking for a no-fail lunch, go here. Even though they have a vegetarian option, I don't think I would have been satisfied with only tasting the grilled cheese. Don't bring your vegetarian or vegan friends. Don't bring your kids either. There is no room for your big stroller in there.
For what occasion? A quick lunch
It was better than: Subway
It wasn't as good as: Mom's Grilled Cheese (we had it later that weekend)
Expect: A little bit of a line. It's also a little noisy, so don't expect a lot of post-meal conversation.

Top 50 Worthy? Sure. They have great sandwiches and I'm confident that anything they put out will be amazing. But #4-worthy? I'm not sure about that one.

2  Thank 50in52Vancouver

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Did not wait long in line to eat our first sandwich in this exquisite little deli fashioned shop. Truly you have to love the vision of your food being prepared right in front of you. Simplicity yet flavourful elegance in lunch dining. The various textures experienced with each and every bite are so well thought out. I could eat here again and again. I am certain that with the menu items on the list It will not take me long to try the entire menu. Delight in every bite.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Not a very large menu selection, but quality stuff. I also got their soup, & it was sooooooo good! I could have eaten 3 more servings!

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Went with my family..
Thought the idea was incredible!
Food was just as good ...
Will be back!
Would like to see a different variety of bread tho!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I frequently visit Vancouver and meat & bread is always one of my first stops. I rarely deviate from the porchetta sandwich but this time I had the Mexican beef which did not dissapoint. Great food, non pretentious staff, good selection of drinks at a decent price can't be beat!