“$8 and worth it”

Meat & Bread
Ranked #10 of 3,705 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Fast Food, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Gastown
Description: We make sandwiches that are high quality, of good value, and prepared with skill as well as heart. The essence of our food simple, fast, delicious is the foundation of Meat & Bread. Our first shop opened its doors in 2010 in the historic Gastown neighborhood of Vancouver, Canada, and, since then, we have opened another shop in Vancouver as well as in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighbourhood.
Calgary, Canada
“$8 and worth it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stopped in for lunch today and had one item - the porchetta sandwich for $8 and it was as described in so many TA reviews. Moist, flavourful and with a bit of crunch from the crackling. Can't go wrong with this VanCity staple. I went at about 1:30 and there was no line and plenty of seating room inside.

• Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Casselton, North Dakota, United States
“Another Diner, Drive-Ins and Dives on our list--AWESOME!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband loves the triple D show so when we ventured to Vancouver our hosts made sure we hit some of them. They were out of the porketta so we had the lamb sandwich. It was wonderful. Simple, easy, relaxed and fantastic. Would certainly make this a stop if you were in town.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The most fulfilling lunch I had in Vancouver”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I had a chance to try Meat and Bread when I firstly set my foot on Vancouver. My sandwich was a pork kind. The meat was juicy and tender, and the crumb was fatty and crunchy which melted perfectly in every bites I took. I also asked for a bowl of soup which came out warm and yummy. We came in a bit early before lunch so the place wasn't as jam-packed and it has such a lovely, rustic ambiance. A must-visit for food lovers!

• Visited December 2012
Anacortes, WA
“Awesome Porchetta Sandwich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Meat & Bread has a limited menu: porchetta sandwich, meatball sandwich, special sandwich of the day, grilled cheese, soup, a salad, drinks. The porchetta is the star of the show: juicy pork loin and crisp crackling, chopped fine, drizzled with pesto sauce, on a fresh ciabatta roll. A simple menu but executed perfectly. You cannot go wrong here.

Vancouver, Canada
“crazy line up but well worth it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Line up was about 15 minutes to get their succulant pork sandwich. Totally worth it! they could improve the space, there wasn't a lot of seating for me and my coworkers and I wasn't able to find seating outside.