“Yummy and Salty.”

Meat & Bread
Ranked #9 of 3,728 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Fast Food, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Gastown
Description: We make sandwiches that are high quality, of good value, and prepared with skill as well as heart. The essence of our food simple, fast, delicious is the foundation of Meat & Bread. Our first shop opened its doors in 2010 in the historic Gastown neighborhood of Vancouver, Canada, and, since then, we have opened another shop in Vancouver as well as in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighbourhood.
Dallas, Texas
“Yummy and Salty.”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is a new find in Vancouver for me, but not for other people because there was a crazy line out the door. Almost as soon as I was in line, a woman walked up to be and started attacking me for information.

"What do they serve here? Have you eaten here before? What is that man carving? Why are there so many people?"

While I tried to answer her questions as calmly and honestly as I could (you do not want to further rile up a confused and possibly hungry woman), I watched the other customers and the employees inside.

It was very quickly clear that this dedicated staff knew exactly what they were doing. Chop up the porchetta, add the salsa verde, top with crunchy porchetta-roll skin, and pass on down the line. With a dabble of mustard on the side and Fentiman's Curiosity Cola, the whole thing was yummy and salty (my favorite combination).

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
“Amazing!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We went based on reviews and it was even better than expected. We had a late start to the day so went for brunch. We both ended up having the porch extra sandwiches which were amazing and washed them down with local beers. Really had to try the bacon icecream sandwich and I thought it would be weird but it was delicious. Really great location as from there you wander into cool gas town. A bit pricey but great freshly made food so I don't mind paying a bit more

• Visited August 2013
“Worth the Wait”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

They're closed Sundays when we first tried to go but made it back Tuesday. Unreal!! Super friendly staff and unreal food.

Vancouver Island, Canada
“So glad I stopped in”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We were just around the corner at Float House and as I was looking to park, I noticed Meat & Bread and we decided to lunch there afterwards. Well, what a find! A good sized line up but we were still in and out in under 15mins with two extremely delicious sandwiches. Really really tasty, great service, we'll definitely be back!

• Visited August 2013
York, United Kingdom
“Yum!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Super-tasty, super-size sarnies, great laid-back atmosphere, unusual choices of soft drinks (our teenage son loved the intergalactic root beer!), handily located in Gastown.

Visited July 2013