“Seems to be where people who know go for a sandwich”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Meat & Bread

Meat & Bread
Ranked #10 of 3,706 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Fast Food, Canadian, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Gastown
Description: We make sandwiches that are high quality, of good value, and prepared with skill as well as heart. The essence of our food simple, fast, delicious is the foundation of Meat & Bread. Our first shop opened its doors in 2010 in the historic Gastown neighborhood of Vancouver, Canada, and, since then, we have opened another shop in Vancouver as well as in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighbourhood.
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Seems to be where people who know go for a sandwich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We were traveling thru Vancouver and didn't want to waste on meal of mediocrity!

Meat and Bread serves great, fresh and tasty sandwiches! Very small menu, but very large taste! Glad we found it.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Versailles, Kentucky
“Super lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We ate at the other location in Vancouver, on Pender Street, but the experience was the same. I had the porchetta sandwich and my wife had the special, which was a barbequed pork. Both excellent and quite filling. I advise against also getting a soup unless you are a big eater. The line moves quickly, so don't be intimidated.

Long Beach,Ca
“Must go for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Thanks to triple D I had to try the place out. It was great. Small menu means quality food and fast service. I had the porchetta and my husband had the corn beef both very good. The soup of the day was cabbage roll and the salad was chick peas, grape tomato feta and onion, excellent. If I lived it this city I would eat here all the time.

Columbus, Ohio, United States
“So delicious.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

We went twice in two days- the porchetta was that good. Very filling. I found the meatball to be too fennel-y but still ate the whole thing!

It seems to always be packed but they get you in and out super quick.

• Visited May 2013
gillybean604
“Just average?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I saw this place on Diners, Drive In's and Dives on TV. The place was packed and lots of people in the line up which to me indicated it'd be a good place. I ordered the Porchetta sandwich and found it to be... average. It's just roast pork on bread. I found the roast pork to be really salty. The side sauce is just mustard. I just felt like it's something I could make easily at home. It was worth trying though and I did eat the whole thing. Was still hungry after.

• Visited May 2013