“Good casual place with nice vibes”
Review of Meat & Bread

Meat & Bread
Ranked #25 of 3,975 Restaurants in Vancouver
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Gastown
Description: We make sandwiches that are high quality, of good value, and prepared with skill as well as heart. The essence of our food simple, fast, delicious is the foundation of Meat & Bread. Our first shop opened its doors in 2010 in the historic Gastown neighbourhood of Vancouver, Canada, and, since then, we have opened another shop in Vancouver as well as in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighbourhood and in downtown Calgary’s historic Grain Exchange building.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Was walking around and tried to go here to get the daily special lamb but they ran out. They also ran out of the porchetta. Ended up having the 2nd daily special of turkey and while good really wish I caught the lamb.

Had the maple bacon ice cream sandwich after and it was excellent. homemade cookies and good vanilla ice cream and maple and bacon.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Lay over in Vancouver, BC some 15 days a month. Have walked by Meat and Bread numerous times and seen the lines, so decided to give it a shot. They were out of the special so decided to have the Corned Beef. Nothing to write home about....average sized sandwich with their special sauce for $8....no pickles, no chips, just sandwich. If you are going for Corned Beef there are better restaurants in Vancouver. I truly think that the attraction to this place is that there is a limited amount of 'fast' eateries in the area...unless the 'fast food' trucks are out, and they are not in season yet!

2  Thank Danny5k
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I was really looking forward to coming to try one of their famous sandwiches. But after seeing the segment on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives and reading all the amazing reviews on Trip Advisor, I think maybe my expectations were too high? I joined the long line, and ordered the Porchetta sandwich and a ginger beer. And while I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it, I was left feeling a bit disappointed. The pork was pretty fatty and, for what they charge, I was expecting them to pile it on. Overall, I think they've got a good thing going on - trendy decor, friendly staff, simple menu and good food presentation. I would have given them 5 stars if it was better value!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Its sandwiches are really delicious, esp the porchetta that has the crispy pork skin on it!
It's a bit busy during lunch time, and I think it's not open on Sundays and any time after 5pm.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

There is always a line-up at this carvery joint. The roast of the day and the bread is so fresh. Despite the queues, the service is excellent and one can usually find a spot to sit down. You can be in and out in 20 minutes. Well worth lining up for. Great experience :-)