“Great lunch spot”

Meat & Bread
Ranked #10 of 3,749 Restaurants in Vancouver
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Gastown
Description: We make sandwiches that are high quality, of good value, and prepared with skill as well as heart. The essence of our food simple, fast, delicious is the foundation of Meat & Bread. Our first shop opened its doors in 2010 in the historic Gastown neighborhood of Vancouver, Canada, and, since then, we have opened another shop in Vancouver as well as in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighbourhood.
Walnut Creek, California
“Great lunch spot”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Meat & Bread is great. They add a level of dedication and focus to each item they make that is very rare to find.

I have had their salads, their soups, and their sandwiches. Whilst nothing is spectacular and nothing is outright innovative, there is such a dedication to making these items of the highest quality, that you have to appreciate their craft.

It is expensive (about $14 for a sandwich and side), and there is a line, and it is heavy, far too heavy for a regular lunch, but when you are in the mood, it is great.

• Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Houston, TX
“Wonderful”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Go out of your way to eat here. Fast and friendly service. Little confusing when you walk in but they were quick to help. Limited menu but everything looked good. Casual and fun atmosphere and the food was outstanding. Definitely return next time we are in town.

• Visited June 2012
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
“quite a mouthful”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

was recommended to try this for a quick lunch. fantastic hot meat hand made sandwiches [ there are vegie options as well] i had the lamb which was delicious take care when eating this as you can loose some of the filling down your suit!! my wife had the soup which was also very good

• Visited November 2012
Reading, United Kingdom
“Delicious, good value”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Delicious lunch sandwich, freshly made before your eyes. I had the prochetta and loved it. Highly recommended, really great!

Visited October 2012
Vancouver, BC
“It's all about the meat”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I needed a quick lunch one day when I was in downtown Vancouver for a training course. I had heard about Meat and Bread from the people in my class, so I decided to try it out.

It's a very basic operation. You join the line-up which is already snaking out the door, and choose your meat. They don't have an extensive menu. I chose the most popular offering, the Porchetta. They chop up the roast pork and pile it on the bread, then box it up for you. I tried their lemonade as well and didn't care for it. It wouldn't hurt for them to offer regular drinks for sale.

They don't have much seating, just a long table, and I noticed people sitting outside in the courtyard as the weather was fine that day. I went to a nearby food court and bought a drink there, and sat down at one of their tables.

The Porchetta sandwich was amazing. Roast pork with cracklins on top. This is a very messy sandwich to eat as pieces kept falling out with every bite I took. It's heavily salted and very greasy, so you definitely would not want to eat this every day, or even every week.

If I were in the area again with a meat-loving friend that I wanted to impress, I would go here again.

• Visited September 2012