“If you're in the market for a tasty sammich, here it is!”
Review of Meat & Bread

Meat & Bread
Ranked #8 of 3,803 Restaurants in Vancouver
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Gastown
Description: We make sandwiches that are high quality, of good value, and prepared with skill as well as heart. The essence of our food simple, fast, delicious is the foundation of Meat & Bread. Our first shop opened its doors in 2010 in the historic Gastown neighbourhood of Vancouver, Canada, and, since then, we have opened another shop in Vancouver as well as in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighbourhood and in downtown Calgary’s historic Grain Exchange building.
Toronto
“If you're in the market for a tasty sammich, here it is!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Pros: made fresh before your eyes, friendly staff, good location. The porchetta was 3/5 in terms of taste. Meat was good, but after a few bites I wanted something more than just pork fat...since there's nothing really else on the sandwhich, heh. Daily special was Turkey and it was a 5/5. Incredible taste! I could have eaten three of them!!

Cons: $9 is a decent price for the sandwich, if not a *bit* too high. They are kind-of small, though filling. But the true test is YES, I would eat there again if I went back.

• Visited August 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Haverhill, Suffolk
“Good, but am I'm missing something?”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

A fast food joint that serves about 4 types of sandwich and it's rated this highly? We passed by on chance and thought we'd give it a go. The joints of pork looked great but I fancied the beef sandwich, Watching the guys make them on a mini production line is good fun but for me the final end product was a little bit dissapointing. It is only a sandwich but the beef i found to be a bit bland and the bread though reasonable was not delicious. The pork was much better tasting but the sort of thing I'd eat once a year. Again this falls between 3 and 4 stars for me. Price was ok and the place was buzzing, packed and clean. We opted for takeaway due to space but I think you'd enjoy it a little more eating in.

• Visited August 2012
“Great spot for a cheap and delicious bite to eat!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Just got back from Vancouver and this was probably one of the best and cheapest places we ate! (Vancouver is an expensive city) I had the signature porchetta but my hubby had the special which happened to be a Korean style beef bulkogi sandwich, he's Korean and found this sandwich to be superior to mine! They were both amazing to me. We also had the maple and bacon ice cream sandwich which was also delicious! Highly recommend this to all Vancouver visitors and locals as well. :) yum!

Canada
“An actual sandwich factory.”
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Went to this restaurant at lunch time to find a line of hungry people. The croud was a little overwhelming, but a staff member explained the drill and we had a delicious pork sandwich in no time. I recommend this place for it's tasty sandwiches and the unique style.

“Overwhelming for tourists.”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Yes - the food was tasty but the ordering and seating style might be a little overwhelming for the average tourist. Especially given that a lot of "cruisers" come through this part of Vancouver. The food was very good (I had the beef sandwich which was dry but fair however my sister had the pork which was very tasty) but my elderly mother's head was spinning with the "trendy" protocol with serving food on cutting boards, unconventional drinks and everyone eating at one long table. Imagine the first time you went to Chipotle (if you've ever been to one)!

If new and different experiences are your thing - I'm sure you'll greatly enjoy it. Just a word of warning for those used to sitting down at a traditional restaurant.

• Visited September 2012