“Tip of the hat to the Tipper Restaurant”
Review of Tipper Restaurant

Tipper Restaurant
Ranked #419 of 3,775 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
vancouver
“Tip of the hat to the Tipper Restaurant”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

See yourself as an artsy, or musical person and want to eat at the same time?
Then The Tipper is the place for you. Located in an less than iconic venue on Kingsway, The Tipper has that artistic, rustic vibe, with art on the wall, and great music at night. There is a second floor at the back of the restaurant if you are coming in with a large party during the day. And the food-a creative take on an all day breakfast, with eggs benedict and other long time favourites reinterpreted with a modern, creative vibe.

The coffee is great, you can bring your kids, and you can eat with great service, great prices, and a bit of local art and music.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank greenwayplanner

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Amazing Ribs!!”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

A lovely laid back restaurant with great ribs and steak, good service, reasonable prices and a good atmosphere.

• Visited May 2012
Point Roberts, Washington
“A lovely surprise!”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I went to the Tipper on a Sunday evening for the live music in their back room. We had dinner first in the dining room and were happily surprised by a terrific meal, followed by wonderful dessert.I can highly recommend the Truffilicious Cake!

• Visited February 2012
Vancouver
“The Tipper Gets Better”
Reviewed December 24, 2011

The food was delicious. My husband and I ordered the Naughty and Nice Poutine. What an adorable name! The "Naughty" was the poutine, which the gravy was made from vegetables and was flavorful without being too salty. (I hate poutine that is too salty.) They use cheddar cheese in their poutine as well, which I liked. The "Nice" was the salad and was fabulous. They make their own dressing and you can taste the freshness in both dressing and crisp vegetables. Surprisingly, my husband actually ate most of the salad and he's not a big salad person. We also had the BLT sandwich with a side of seafood chowder. The BLT was on sourdough bread and had a nice smokey taste. My husband and I gobbled up the sandwich and enjoyed every bite, we didn't even leave the crust. The seafood chowder was thick and full of seafood. It was my favorite thing out of all our dishes and full of quality ingredients. They don't use fillers since I don't recall getting any potato in my chowder.

What a difference from my previous visits! I am truly glad I had a chance to eat here again and will definitley be back again and again!

Visited December 2011
2 Thank koko269
Canada
“Cute Canadian Diner”
Reviewed November 15, 2010

My friend had the seafood melt (?) an ugly looking dish with GREAT flavour while I had the bison burger (a bit plain but clean and juicy) also had a good breakfast in a place where becoming a regular would be easy. It is a cozy spot in an otherwise colourless neighbourhood of dull buildings and sketchy dealings. Good place it get out of the weather, catch a band, have a drink and a meal you feel good about eating. Could be in need of a 5 disk changer or a random hit on the iPod to alternate the music... one Tragically Hip song an hour is lots.

1 Thank Lokabrenna