“I may be too old...”
Review of Society Dining Lounge - CLOSED

Society Dining Lounge
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Description: Society is open for private events and group bookings only. For inquiries and menu options, please email us!
“I may be too old...”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The menu had a lot of fried food on it, which was delicious, but sickening. We shared an appetizer platter. The room was beautiful and current. The music was so loud that we could hardly speak and it was so dark that we had to use our cell-phone flashlights to read the menu. The 12-year-olds we had with us thought it was fabulous.

Visited March 2014
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Society Dining Lounge, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Never too old for SOCIETY! Thank you for your feedback regarding the menu - we are in the process of updating it and adding new items. We'd love for you to come and give it a try! Thank you again for joining us and we hope to see you and the family back in again soon.

Nanaimo, Canada
“1/2 Price Appies”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My girlfriend & I met at Society on a Sunday night for drinks. They have $5.00 glasses of wine (and it was a decent red!) from 3-6pm EVERYDAY! Also, appies are 1-2 price EVERYDAY! Amazing!! The food was good, service excellent, the staff is very friendly, the ambiance is great. All in all it was a very pleasant experience. Try the calamari - it's excellent!

• Visited February 2014
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Society Dining Lounge, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thanks for joining us for Cocktail Hour!
“Great Bar Scene”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Awsome Bar, and great service from bar tenders. The menu isnt the best. Ive been here several times, and never really order any food. Just come here for drinks. Good place to hang with friends.

Visited October 2013
Great to have you join us at a few of our locations! We are re-working the menu as we speak and would love for you to join us for dinner soon. Cheers!
Vancouver, Canada
“Who would come back here?”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

My goodness…I am a fan of Vancouver dining establishments and it pains me to put in a bad review but I feel I must. Their wine list is beyond horrible. I get that wine isn't their 'thing' but come on! Ordered an inedible pizza for our daughter and my Caesar salad didn't come with any dressing on it. Yes, dressing was brought to me but who forgets the dressing on a Caesar salad? Another table said that they waited over 50 minutes for a grilled cheese sandwich and a salad. Not a fan and it was my first time there and most likely will be my last.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank LovesJif
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Society Dining Lounge, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Hi there. I am very sorry to hear of your recent experience - please know I have passed on your comments to the restaurant team. We would like to follow up with you and speak with you about your visit. Please email marketing@glowbalgroup.com and we will be in touch right away. Thank you.
Port Moody, British Columbia
“Wowed first time experience”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Sorry this will be long but I have to say what a great time we had! lol
We were lucky winners of our mortgage brokers newsletter and received a $50 credit to any Glowbal Restaurant. I've been to a few of the Glowbal Groups and they have all been great places (if your looking for other great restaurants to try in the area). We wanted to try somewhere we've never been before so we picked Society. It was my BF's bday and we were seated outside on their heated patio. It was pretty cold out being in November (and it was raining of course) but it was awesome; with the rain and sitting outside in this heated, casual, yet classy comfortable booth. It did get a little too toasty near the end tho lol.
Society is a twist on comfort foods so if you love burgers, poutine and shakes but want to try something different, this is where to go. We love food so we tried a few things :)
The cocktails are delicious (I had a "Movember" special with pureed strawberry and premium vodka), all the spiked milkshakes sound amazing (we tried the Malibu Barbie and it was soooo good) The staff were awesome, friendly and personable. They brought us a free appie on arrival (macaroni balls-Mmmm!) and we tried the lobster corndog. Dinner was the brisket sandwich and chicken poutine gnocchi. Sandwich was delicious and although the actual gnocchi was fabulous; i felt it was a bit too gravy and kinda plain ( i dont think there were any cheese curds either). We were also given a free piece of cake for his bday! I must say, they made us feel pretty special.
Overall we had such a wow experience from the staff (Nas was our server and the managers on that night were great), the food was tasty and creative and we left feeling nice and full! Atmosphere was dead outside when we arrived at 730pm on a Friday night (inside was packed) but quickly started to get busy around 8pm. A large stagette group sat outside which of course got loud but it was kinda fun. It doesnt look like a family place from the outside (more lounge like for adults) but I did see a family with pre-teens eating so it is a family restaurant. We had several alcoholic drinks, an appie and two dinners and the total was $100 which I thought was pretty reasonable (considering most of our drinks were doubles!)

I would highly recommend this restaurant for anyone living in or visiting town (although not much selection for vegetarians). Its in a great location (near nightclubs and other lounges ) although parking is terrible on most nights, especially the weekend. Better to park a few blocks away and have a nice walk (even if its raining) like we did-down to False Creek only a few blocks away. :)
I plan to be back with a few girls in the new year and can't wait!

• Visited November 2013
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Society Dining Lounge, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Happy belated birthday to your boyfriend - thank you so much for celebrating with us! It sounds like you had a great night and we look forward to welcoming you and your girlfriends in the New Year!