“Just outstanding!!!”

Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Description: Society is open for private events and group bookings only. For inquiries and menu options, please email us!
New Westminster, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just outstanding!!!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

What an amazing time!!!
My best friend did her stag last week end there, the ambiance is vibrant and fun... The 8 of us sat on the cozy patio...
The team who run this place is incredibly amazing...
I work in this industry since my young age (my parents used to own some pubs and restaurants), I usually find something to say about food and service... but at Society, they over accomplished the guests experiences, the staff is fun, friendly, professional and not over your face trying to over sell you!!!

I watched the managers going from guests to guests; tables to tables, they took the time with the guests, they make everybody laugh and feel at home even it was very busy in and out...
They even took time to play with our bride to be and make her feel very special!!! Well done...

This week-end we are going to try 1 of the other Glowbal group restaurant... hope we will have fun!!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank rehanaM_13
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Society Dining Lounge, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Awesome to hear - thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to seeing you at our sister location - be sure to let us know how it was! Cheers!

“Super awesome fun time.”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My friend and I just came in for a couple beers. The place was packed with beautiful women and the French manager treated us like royalty.
Couldn't be happier. We are still here drinking and don't plan to leave any time soon.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank JackSteele1980
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Society Dining Lounge, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Excellent - hope you enjoyed the rest of your evening! Cheers!
Seattle, Washington
“Amazing night”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We visited Society recently with our Stagette group and were blown away by our experience. I love the décor of Society, the pink chandelier are my favorite…
The drinks were great (a round of vodka blueberry-mango Mojitos) and the managers, Joel and frenchie, were super nice and the staff was great & interacted with us to be a part of the festivities…
All the food we got was very delicious! Especially the Mac & cheese and the beef ribs! So gooood!!!!
I would for sure come back again for the food and the service!!! What a fun night!!!
Check out Society if you haven’t been already… definitely a great time…

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Marla A
Great to hear! SOCIETY is such a great venue for a stagette. I have passed on your kind words to the team at the restaurant. Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you back for some more Mac n' Cheese!
Kelowna, Canada
“Just Awful”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

It was such a shame, this place tried hard to be trendy, but they should focus on the quality of food. We went with a group of girls for a stagette, and most of the food was awful. 4 of us had very raw salmon and over cooked veggies, sent it back and the fish came out with an awful very strong fish smell, we couldn't eat it. Just couldn't stomach it. We were given gift certificates which came in handy since my $20 bottle of wine came with 18% gratuity AND 18% service charge?? Isn't that the same thing? Plus taxes. And the bathrooms were disgusting. I will never be going back there again that's for sure.

• Visited March 2013
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Society Dining Lounge, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Hi there. Sorry to hear of your recent evening with us. If you did not have a chance to speak with the manager we would be happy to look in to this for you and rectify any discrepancies. Please email marketing@glowbalgroup.com and we will follow up! Thanks.
Vancouver, Canada
“Awful Service~!”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I went in on Saturday night (January 5th) to join two of my girlfriends around 11pm for cocktails & appies. I went upstairs to the Lounge where they had been sitting for an hour or so, glasses empty and still waiting for a waitress. I myself waited for 20 minutes without service or a second glance before finally going to the bar myself for a menu. Brought the menu to the table, waited another 10 minutes before just deciding to go to the bar.
The bar was crowded and the bartender wouldnt even acknowledge me.

The three of us are all industry servers and bartenders, and we were so utterly offended by the service saturday night. It was obvious that either the servers arent pulling their weight, or theyre severely under-staffed! I didnt even bother getting a drink after 35 minutes of trying, and my friends waited so long for the bill that finally we asked the manager/door man (I dont know what he was, but he was huge!) to get it for us! Oh, and the cocktail list is severly lacking: the drinks are made with cheap ingredients and over priced.

In the end, we left and went somewhere better..where we could actually order a drink!! Theres so much competition in yaletown that theres no reason to waste your time at a place like this!

• Visited January 2013
5 Thank Alma J
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Society Dining Lounge, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Hi there. I'm so sorry to hear of your recent experience with us. There is no excuse for the poor service you received but we would like to make it up to you. So that we can follow up with you directly, please send us your contact details to marketing@glowbalgroup.com. Thanks!