“Pleasantly surprised”

Park Inn & Suites by Radisson
Ranked #42 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I had some time to kill so I stayed one night here before my flight. My impressions are mixed at first I saw the sign for the hotel but almost didn't see it in the cut. As I was being checked in a guy who was already staying there was standing next to me with tattoos all over his neck, wearing all black and looking questionable but it's a small lobby so there really wasn't too many places left to stand. I guess what was making me uncomfortable is that as I was being checked in the clerk was calling out my room number over the radio to the cleaning staff to see if it was ready which it wasn't so she then announced my new room number. I'm sure she did it without thinking but as I am a woman traveling by myself I would have preferred her to just write it down and give it to me. There's only one elevator so don't be in a hurry or take the stairs. Turns out the guy was very pleasant as we had to ride together on the only elevator.  I am a gold member so I was upgraded to a room with a view which was nice. I was also given a plate of delicious cookies and water. The bed was a little firm for me but the pillows were fluffy. I took some pictures of the view and my room-excuse the mess. Overall it was a good stay overnight, no real major complaints. My room was near  the elevator but it seemed like a quiet hotel. I didn't hear anything while I was there. The staff was also very nice but about an hour before I was leaving the Internet service kept going down.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Alisa C

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed for 3 days for a little under $300.00. I felt I got good value for my money. The rooms are small and the bathroom very small, but all are immaculately clean. The bed is comfortable. The front desk staff, Chris in particular went out of his way to accommodate me on check in, and when I left my iphone charger in the room, Githa was most efficient at getting it back to me, and she followed up a few days later to make sure everything was good. It is that kind of service that I appreciate and because of the service I will return. Location is about 4 blocks from the skytrain, an easy flat walk. The only downside is the door to the hallway has about a 2 cm gap at the bottom which allows a lot of hallway noise to come into the room. This is quickly remedied by rolling up a bath towel and plugging the space :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank antevarum
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Park Inn & Suites by Radisson, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear antevarum,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We will pass your comments on to our staff. We hope you enjoyed your time in Vancouver. Thank you for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We frequently stay here when we need to be on this side when visiting Vancouver. Rooms are good, balconies are nice. Lots of road noise tho. Good value, comfy beds. Lots of places to eat nearby. Don't eat at the hotel! Worst meal ever.

Room Tip: Away from elevators. King rooms are better
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank L S

Dear LS,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. Thank you for telling us your concerns about the meal you received. We will make sure that we pass this feedback on to our staff.. We value guest feedback because it allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Park Inn and Suites on Broadway

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Holy moly, the morning cleaning staff are incredibly loud. I fell in love with the beds here, the pillows and the blankets were so comfortable but I couldn't stay asleep in the mornings. Staying with a dog will put you on the 1st floor & I'm not sure if housekeeping starts on the first floor but The Park Inn either needs to update their soundproofing or let the staff know that yelling in the hallway isn't entirely nesessary, especially early in the morning. I will be coming back to stay in the near future because of medical reasons & I absolutely loved the beds but could you PLEASE train morning cleaning staff to refrain from yelling in the hallways before 11am :)

The gummy bears were a nice treat (husband didn't even know because I snatched them up pretty quick)

The cable was okay, but definitely not clear.

I'd suggest using the coffee in the room than spending $2.50 for a coffee in the restaurant

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aurora2013154932
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Park Inn & Suites by Radisson, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear aurora2013154932,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. We are sorry for the noise from the housekeeping staff. We are very sorry. We use guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very close to the Broadway Skytrain Station and VGH, this is a hotel convenient for those travelling to Vancouver for medical reasons. Broadway has excellent restaurants and is a major bus route. Rooms are small but well kept and clean. Rooms at the back are quiet. Staff were very helpful and friendly, less stiff or formal than those found in many Vancouver hotels. Many folks staying at the hotel were stressed by medical issues, and I had the feeling the staff really understood that. Beds and bedding, especially the pillows, were great. We did notice the potential for noise due to the poor fit at the bottom of the door, so we blocked the gap. Problem solved. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: For the best sleep, choose a room at the back
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RedboatLake
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Park Inn & Suites by Radisson, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear RedboatLake,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback regarding the hotel. We are so glad that we could accommodate you during your stay in Vancouver. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your feedback. We will pass your comments on to our staff. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Recently my partner was rushed to the emergency at VGH. We live in the Yukon. I had to fly down a day later to be with him. I booked a hotel room at Park Inn and suites for 1 night because they are close to VGH. When i arrived in Vancouver my partner was released from the hospital and we decided to go visit some family and stay with them instead of staying at the hotel. When i called Park inn and suites to cancel my reservation they said i couldn't cancel because i booked the room through booking.com. I called booking.com and they said they wouldn't cancel my reservation either. They did call the hotel to see if they would make an exception for my case. But, the hotel manager refused also. I had to pay full price for a room which i did not use. So, they really don't care about anyone or their situation. All they care about is getting your money. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone, especially those who are staying with family or friends at VGH or the cancer center. Very bad service!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere! and don't book through booking.com
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank trailrider120
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed here over New Years, while we attended our friends wedding. When I called to reserve the staff was very accomodating to all of my needs. I upgraded our room to a king size suite with a view of downtown as opposed to the back side of the hotel which faces the hospital. Upon arrival, the view from the room was okay, the bathroom was so tiny that only one person could fit in it at a time and the bed was average. The quality of customer service was amazing, no complaints there!! I forgot my razor at home so I called reception and they were able to give me one free of charge! After a night of wedding joy and new years fun, we turned in for the night. Around 5:00am the traffic started non-stop. With a nasty wine hangover, we found it very noisy as we tried to sleep in, and the hotel room doors were also paper thin and we heard people non-stop outside of our room. Overall this hotel has its ups and downs.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms facing the back of the hospital if you want to sleep in. The downtown view rooms ar...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple