“slowest elevator ever. hahaha.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Inn & Suites by Radisson on Broadway

Park Inn & Suites by Radisson on Broadway
Ranked #46 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“slowest elevator ever. hahaha.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Great little hotel. Close to lots of restaurants, shopping and Granville Island. Only a few blocks from the Broadway Skytrain station. This is the first time I have gone to Vancouver and not rented a car. We were there for the Vancouver Marathon and the elevator was the only thing that gave us grief, or I should say fits of laughter as we have never experienced an elevator that was as slow as this one. Especially when our legs were dead tired and all we wanted to do was get back into our room. Otherwise, staff were great and the place was clean. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Street view is great but NOISY.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Macmah
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Park Inn & Suites by Radisson on Broadway, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Macmah,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We appreciate all of your comments. We hope that you enjoyed your stay in Vancouver. We would like to apologize for the elevator. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. We appreciate all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary improvements to make the hotel better for you, and for future guests to the hotel. Thank you for staying with us. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Park Inn & Suites on Broadway

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

Spent 4 nights here in June. None of the room doors have catches so you pretty much listen to every single door slam day and night. Rooms were clean and nicely renovated but common areas were very worn and tired. No maid service one day - came back to my room after being out 8 hours (8AM to just after 4 PM) and my room had not been cleaned/made up. About 5 minutes after I got in, the lady knocked and offered but I declined. Not a reasonable expectation, on the part of the hotel, to think that people wil be satisfied with having their room attended to after 4PM. I would think the likely explanation would be understaffing on mgmt's part as service seemed to be at a minimum for the duration of my stay. From an absence of cost neutral basics such as greetings from front desk staff when you enter the hotel (even if there's no one else in the lobby) to no offers for help with baggage. I was on business travel so no money out of my pocket but I think you could do much better in Vancouver for a comparable rate. Would not stay again and certainly not on my dime.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SourPicklePenchant
, Manager at Park Inn & Suites by Radisson on Broadway, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear Penny A,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are very sorry that you were not happy with your stay. We are very sorry about the maid service. This is unacceptable. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. We appreciate when guests provide us with feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to make our hotel better for you and for future guests to our hotel. Thank you for provided us with your concerns. Thank you for your time and we hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed at Park Inn for 9 days. It is well located, close to the Airport and Centre of Vancouver.
It is a pleasant hotel with good rooms, excellent with the coffeemaker, microwave and refrigerator. I would absolute recommend the hotel, and will stay at the Park Inn Hotel next time I arrive from Denmark to stay in Vancouver.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at Park Inn & Suites by Radisson on Broadway, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear llseR,

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit. We are glad that we could accommodate your extended stay on business. We appreciate all of your comments and will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you so very much for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Three of us came in from Victoria for one night and the service was excellent. The staff went above and beyond for us and it made our stay perfect. Can't thank them enough!

• Stayed June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Park Inn & Suites by Radisson on Broadway, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear MarthaOkot,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. Guest feedback is very important to us. We will pass these great comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job.

Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

Me and my husband, along with a cocker spaniel, stayed at this pet-friendly hotel for 5 nights while our condo is being renovated. We chose this hotel because of its very convenient location with lots of places to eat and a great shopping area just a short walk away at Cambie.

The hotel is on a busy main road and we have a 1st level room on the street side. I just wish that the hotel can also allow pets on higher levels and not just on the lowest level. We always have to sacrifice great views whenever we have our dog with us. It would be any dog owner's dream to have a hotel that can go one step further to allow pet in higher floors too.

Our room is clean & has no unpleasant odour from other dogs, which is awesome! Since our room is on the 1st floor facing the busy street, it is impossible to sleep with the balcony door open, but once the door is closed, you'll just hear the humming sound of traffic. Then again, you still hear the frequent siren of the ambulances rushing to the nearby hospital. The quiet air-conditioning unit helps keep the room cool & pleasant. If you absolutely cannot sleep with even a slightest noise, then choose the opposite side of the hotel, it faces a small carpark.

I must highlight that although the balcony door is "soundproof", not the main door. There is a wide gap at the bottom of the door (more than 1 inch) so you can hear people talking along the corridor or when children are running & screaming. One night, I was woken up by a lady talking into her phone at the corridor just opposite my room at 4am! She was talking softly, didn't want to disturb her room-mate I guess, but I can still hear her anyway! After something like 15mins, I had to get up and stop her (sorry lady!).

There is a fridge in our room but no freezer for ice cubes. Our dog is on raw food so I have to freeze her food. The staff is very friendly & accommodating, they allowed us to store the raw food in their freezer and did not mind a bit when we have to trouble them to take a block of meat out everyday. Also, our room has 2 double beds and for me & my husband to squeeze onto 1 double bed is not really ideal. So we requested to join the 2 beds and we are really happy that they can accommodate that.

The room servicing lady was very nice & kind too. We did not need our room cleaned everyday so we will tell her that in the morning. She never failed to make sure we have enough toiletries and clean towels, and even insisted that we take the bottled water.

I just wish that the toilet roll can be of a better quality that does not disintegrate so easily. It's fine for guests staying 1 or 2 nights I guess, but for 5 nights?... Let's put it this way, after the 2nd day, it was enough for me to use the tissue paper provided instead.

We always favour smaller hotels over big names for the more personable services. This hotel did not disappoint. Overall, our stay is very pleasant except that I couldnt sleep very well because my dog barked at every noise coming from the corridor. I had to stop her each time so that other dogs in the hotel would not start barking too! My husband slept like a baby though, so it must be just me then.

And oh, my dog loves the rubber duckie! Any child (even adult) would too! A real nice touch there! :)

Room Tip: Choose the street side if you are on higher levels and do not mind the traffic noise, you'll get...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Serene L,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. Thank you for the very detailed description of your stay. It really gives us good feedback. We appreciate all guest feedback because it allows us to make the necessary changes to improve our service to you and to future guests to our hotel. Thank you for telling us about your concerns about the pet friendly hotel and also about the need for a possible freezer in the rooms. We appreciate when guests give us better ideas to make our hotel better. Thank you so very much for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for an interview at Vancouver General this winter. My room was recently renovated, small in size, but great amenities including a mini-microwave and a coffeemaker. The bedding was really comfortable - which was crucial so I could be fresh for my interview the next morning! The hotel is close to a lot of cute restaurants and its a short walk from the subway station. Also its three minutes away from the hospital on foot, which was great. I took one star off because I felt the staff could've been friendlier. Overall a very convenient, comfortable stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Samira J
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Park Inn & Suites by Radisson on Broadway, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear SamiraJ,

Thank you for telling us about your visit to our hotel. We hope your interview went well. Thank you for telling us about your thoughts about the hotel. We would like to sincerely apologize for the staff of our hotel. We are very sorry that you felt that they were unfriendly. We have stressed to our employees that our guests are our number one priority. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Thank you for bringing these concerns to us. Guest feedback is very important to us. Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

This is not a luxury hotel, but the staff were very friendly and the room was great. I particularly liked the mini microwave and coffeemaker. I was also very appreciative of the free bottled water in the fridge. The hotel is nicely located with lots of restaurants and shopping close by. Also the parking is cheap and you can come and go as you please.

Room Tip: My room faced the parking lot and it was very quiet. I didn't have the view but I had a good sle...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Park Inn & Suites by Radisson on Broadway, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear mkoroll,

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit. We appreciate all of your comments. we will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. We are glad that you appreciated all of our great amenities. We try very hard to make all of our guests happy with their stay. Thank you again for your time. We hope that you stay with us again in the future.