“A pleasant place to stay, love the rubber duckie!”

Park Inn & Suites by Radisson
Ranked #46 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Surrey, Canada
“A pleasant place to stay, love the rubber duckie!”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Me and my husband, along with a cocker spaniel, stayed at this pet-friendly hotel for 5 nights while our condo is being renovated. We chose this hotel because of its very convenient location with lots of places to eat and a great shopping area just a short walk away at Cambie.

The hotel is on a busy main road and we have a 1st level room on the street side. I just wish that the hotel can also allow pets on higher levels and not just on the lowest level. We always have to sacrifice great views whenever we have our dog with us. It would be any dog owner's dream to have a hotel that can go one step further to allow pet in higher floors too.

Our room is clean & has no unpleasant odour from other dogs, which is awesome! Since our room is on the 1st floor facing the busy street, it is impossible to sleep with the balcony door open, but once the door is closed, you'll just hear the humming sound of traffic. Then again, you still hear the frequent siren of the ambulances rushing to the nearby hospital. The quiet air-conditioning unit helps keep the room cool & pleasant. If you absolutely cannot sleep with even a slightest noise, then choose the opposite side of the hotel, it faces a small carpark.

I must highlight that although the balcony door is "soundproof", not the main door. There is a wide gap at the bottom of the door (more than 1 inch) so you can hear people talking along the corridor or when children are running & screaming. One night, I was woken up by a lady talking into her phone at the corridor just opposite my room at 4am! She was talking softly, didn't want to disturb her room-mate I guess, but I can still hear her anyway! After something like 15mins, I had to get up and stop her (sorry lady!).

There is a fridge in our room but no freezer for ice cubes. Our dog is on raw food so I have to freeze her food. The staff is very friendly & accommodating, they allowed us to store the raw food in their freezer and did not mind a bit when we have to trouble them to take a block of meat out everyday. Also, our room has 2 double beds and for me & my husband to squeeze onto 1 double bed is not really ideal. So we requested to join the 2 beds and we are really happy that they can accommodate that.

The room servicing lady was very nice & kind too. We did not need our room cleaned everyday so we will tell her that in the morning. She never failed to make sure we have enough toiletries and clean towels, and even insisted that we take the bottled water.

I just wish that the toilet roll can be of a better quality that does not disintegrate so easily. It's fine for guests staying 1 or 2 nights I guess, but for 5 nights?... Let's put it this way, after the 2nd day, it was enough for me to use the tissue paper provided instead.

We always favour smaller hotels over big names for the more personable services. This hotel did not disappoint. Overall, our stay is very pleasant except that I couldnt sleep very well because my dog barked at every noise coming from the corridor. I had to stop her each time so that other dogs in the hotel would not start barking too! My husband slept like a baby though, so it must be just me then.

And oh, my dog loves the rubber duckie! Any child (even adult) would too! A real nice touch there! :)

Room Tip: Choose the street side if you are on higher levels and do not mind the traffic noise, you'll get...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Park Inn & Suites by Radisson, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Serene L,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. Thank you for the very detailed description of your stay. It really gives us good feedback. We appreciate all guest feedback because it allows us to make the necessary changes to improve our service to you and to future guests to our hotel. Thank you for telling us about your concerns about the pet friendly hotel and also about the need for a possible freezer in the rooms. We appreciate when guests give us better ideas to make our hotel better. Thank you so very much for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Park Inn & Suites on Broadway

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for an interview at Vancouver General this winter. My room was recently renovated, small in size, but great amenities including a mini-microwave and a coffeemaker. The bedding was really comfortable - which was crucial so I could be fresh for my interview the next morning! The hotel is close to a lot of cute restaurants and its a short walk from the subway station. Also its three minutes away from the hospital on foot, which was great. I took one star off because I felt the staff could've been friendlier. Overall a very convenient, comfortable stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Samira J
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Park Inn & Suites by Radisson, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear SamiraJ,

Thank you for telling us about your visit to our hotel. We hope your interview went well. Thank you for telling us about your thoughts about the hotel. We would like to sincerely apologize for the staff of our hotel. We are very sorry that you felt that they were unfriendly. We have stressed to our employees that our guests are our number one priority. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Thank you for bringing these concerns to us. Guest feedback is very important to us. Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This is not a luxury hotel, but the staff were very friendly and the room was great. I particularly liked the mini microwave and coffeemaker. I was also very appreciative of the free bottled water in the fridge. The hotel is nicely located with lots of restaurants and shopping close by. Also the parking is cheap and you can come and go as you please.

Room Tip: My room faced the parking lot and it was very quiet. I didn't have the view but I had a good sle...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Park Inn & Suites by Radisson, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear mkoroll,

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit. We appreciate all of your comments. we will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. We are glad that you appreciated all of our great amenities. We try very hard to make all of our guests happy with their stay. Thank you again for your time. We hope that you stay with us again in the future.

Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I spent 2 nights at the Park Inn in early May while on business and found the hotel to be clean, comfortable and value priced. You're only a short walk to Granville Island and the restaurants and shops of West Broadway are at your doorstep. Make no mistake; this is not a 5 star property but compared to what else you find in the immediate vicinity it was a solid deal.

The hotel only has one elevator which was slow at best, but with only 6 floors moving about without luggage was no problem. The hotel has modern looking decor and the rooms are quite attractive, however the quality of some renovations leaves a bit to be desired.

I didn't have an opportunity to use the food services but noted the restaurant looked clean and inviting. In this area of Vancouver there are numerous restaurants nearby so you'll be able to find something to your liking nearby.

Note that this hotel is very convenient to the Airport Skytrain (City Hall Station). Walk about 3 blocks east and for $3.75 you're at the airport in 20 minutes. Very handy and about $28 less than a taxi.

I will stay at the Park Inn again.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the back of the hotel as West Broadway can get pretty noisy at night.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear bcallaghan,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your thoughts and concerns. Thank you for telling us about what you thought about our renovations. We value our guest feedback. It helps us make the necessary improvements for you and for future guests to our hotel. Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate this review. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

nelson
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This hotel is in a great location on Broadway. I stay here whenever I go to Vancouver on business or holidays. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfy. Nice touch to the bathroom with a rubber ducky! There are balconies as well as long as you keep the door closed and air off in summer they don't mind if you have a cigarette our there. It's hard to find a hotel in Vancouver that will allow this. The parking is underground and safe and the restaurant attached makes a good breakfast. The price is resonable as well.

Room Tip: I didn't hear any noise on the 6th floor so the upper floors are quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Cheekomama,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments. We will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. We are so glad that we could accommodate you. Feedback from our guest is very important. Thank you for helping us. We appreciate your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Park Inn & Suites Broadway
Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

We were 3 hrs early so took the room tht was available, front desk told us tht it might be a ltl noisy due to street....liked tht approach.....Cheryl was excellent in providing the top notch customer service....will definitely go there.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Akku1,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay. We appreciate your comments. We are glad that we could accommodate your early check in. Thank you for your comments about Cheryl. We will pass these comments on to her. Our guest is our number one priority. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Kelowna, British Columbia
Reviewed May 22, 2012

The Park Inn is in a great location. The view rooms have spectacular views of Vancouver. The rooms are clean and the beds are super comfortable. They provide you with a bottle of water each day which is a nice touch. They also left my daughter a yellow rubber duck to use in the bath. I thought this was a very nice touch for kids. This small gesture means that they are thinkiing about their small guests as well as their parents. My only complaint is that the traffic on West Broadway is loud and constant. The buses start running at 6am. If you (or your kids) are light sleepers, I suggest passing up the view for a room on the back of the hotel which I assume would be much quieter. However if you don't want to give up the view, the Front Desk staff do have earplugs available. We would stay here again. The location is great and the view is amazing!!!

Room Tip: As mentioned, if you are a light sleeper, ask for a room on the backside of the hotel. The windows a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Lesley0033,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us . We appreciate your comments and your concerns. Thank you for telling us of your concerns about the noise in our hotel. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Guest feedback is very important to us. We use the feedback to make the needed changes to our hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.