Me and my husband, along with a cocker spaniel, stayed at this pet-friendly hotel for 5 nights while our condo is being renovated. We chose this hotel because of its very convenient location with lots of places to eat and a great shopping area just a short walk away at Cambie.
The hotel is on a busy main road and we have a 1st level room on the street side. I just wish that the hotel can also allow pets on higher levels and not just on the lowest level. We always have to sacrifice great views whenever we have our dog with us. It would be any dog owner's dream to have a hotel that can go one step further to allow pet in higher floors too.
Our room is clean & has no unpleasant odour from other dogs, which is awesome! Since our room is on the 1st floor facing the busy street, it is impossible to sleep with the balcony door open, but once the door is closed, you'll just hear the humming sound of traffic. Then again, you still hear the frequent siren of the ambulances rushing to the nearby hospital. The quiet air-conditioning unit helps keep the room cool & pleasant. If you absolutely cannot sleep with even a slightest noise, then choose the opposite side of the hotel, it faces a small carpark.
I must highlight that although the balcony door is "soundproof", not the main door. There is a wide gap at the bottom of the door (more than 1 inch) so you can hear people talking along the corridor or when children are running & screaming. One night, I was woken up by a lady talking into her phone at the corridor just opposite my room at 4am! She was talking softly, didn't want to disturb her room-mate I guess, but I can still hear her anyway! After something like 15mins, I had to get up and stop her (sorry lady!).
There is a fridge in our room but no freezer for ice cubes. Our dog is on raw food so I have to freeze her food. The staff is very friendly & accommodating, they allowed us to store the raw food in their freezer and did not mind a bit when we have to trouble them to take a block of meat out everyday. Also, our room has 2 double beds and for me & my husband to squeeze onto 1 double bed is not really ideal. So we requested to join the 2 beds and we are really happy that they can accommodate that.
The room servicing lady was very nice & kind too. We did not need our room cleaned everyday so we will tell her that in the morning. She never failed to make sure we have enough toiletries and clean towels, and even insisted that we take the bottled water.
I just wish that the toilet roll can be of a better quality that does not disintegrate so easily. It's fine for guests staying 1 or 2 nights I guess, but for 5 nights?... Let's put it this way, after the 2nd day, it was enough for me to use the tissue paper provided instead.
We always favour smaller hotels over big names for the more personable services. This hotel did not disappoint. Overall, our stay is very pleasant except that I couldnt sleep very well because my dog barked at every noise coming from the corridor. I had to stop her each time so that other dogs in the hotel would not start barking too! My husband slept like a baby though, so it must be just me then.
And oh, my dog loves the rubber duckie! Any child (even adult) would too! A real nice touch there! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With our central location, the Park Inn & Suites by Radisson is an ideal starting point to explore the city. Offering select rooms with spectacular views of Vancouver, False Creek, and the North Shore Mountains. Guest rooms with a contemporary decor, mini-fridge, microwave, private balcony, and free Wi-Fi. Located adjacent to VGH, within walking distance of Granville Island, international restaurants and Broadway City Hall SkyTrain station (providing a direct link to the Airport in 19 mins and Canada Place in 6 mins). Full service hotel with restaurant, fitness room, laundry facilities(fee), and Fairview Pub with live music. Onsite parking available $15. per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Carlson, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Park Inn & Suites by Radisson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Inn And Suites By Radisson On Broadway
- Park Inn & Suites By Radisson On Broadway Hotel Vancouver
- Park Inn Vancouver
- Park Inn On Broadway