“depends on the room you get...”

Ramada Vancouver Downtown
Ranked #79 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Athens
“depends on the room you get...”
Reviewed February 8, 2011

I checked in late at the hotel. The room they gave me was horrible. It was at the back of the hotel on the ground floor. You could see the back alley of a night club (so I would expect that the room would be dark even in the morning) and the room would shake in the rhythm of the bass coming from the club. Also there was noise coming from the bathroom as water was running in the toilet. I asked the guy at the reception for another room and he told me that I had to stay at that room till the next morning. In the morning, I asked another room at the top floor and luckily they had one. The room there was the total opposite: very clean, nice with a lot of light (see at the photos).
The breakfast was not good: they would bring a plate with a fryup to you.
The location of the hotel is good. The stuff seemed to be responsive to my requests.
In case you stay there, make sure that you stay on a high-floor room, otherwise it could be a very unpleasant experience. Considering the amount of money I paid I expected something better.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank MikeAth
SeanLalji, Front Office Manager at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, February 12, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. Your feedback is appreciated. All rooms were renovated in winter 2009/2010.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you on your next trip to Vancouver.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2011

I always thought that Ramada stood for quality and service; however, after a recent experience I am beginning to see the real truth.

I could not believe that with all its corporate leverage the hotel hones it would allow a nightclub to play unrelenting bass, enough to shake the furniture, until 3am. At the very least, it could have enforced the nightclub to soundproof its premise.

After asking for a room-change, I was brushed off with a "we are sold out" statement and a pathetic breakfast offer. What angers me the most is the fact that I knew that not all rooms were being used. This shows management's true integrity and lack thereof.

A business that doesn't standup for its guests or itself is a coward. Maybe business school would better help management understand this simple concept.

I will be sending a letter to Mark F. Young (Ramada Worldwide President) and Eric A. Danziger (Wyndham Hotel Group President) in more detail of a weakness in their chain.

For those in search of a hotel that offers a good night's rest, please look elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TaxationAccountant
SeanLalji, Front Office Manager at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
The Ramada Inn & Suites Downtown is located in the heart of the entertainment district. Located steps away from local restaurants and nightclubs, our central location makes us a top destination for weekend enjoyment in downtown Vancouver.

Travelers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2011

My car was broken into in their parking lot and they refused to do anything about it. The management was not helpful at all when I called them and told them about it, they just told me to go through my insurance company which didn't do me a lot of good since I have to pay a $300 deductible. The hotel was also right on top of a bar and it was really noisy I couldn't sleep all night long. If they offered me a free stay for an entire year I would turn it down.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank SaraJoon77
Dear Guest,

It is unfortunate that your vehicle was broken into while parked during your stay and we apologize for the inconvenience of the situation. As we are located downtown in a major metropolitan city, all businesses and residences within the downtown area face this same challenge. We will continue to search for ways to work with the city to improve this issue.

Donegal
Reviewed February 2, 2011

We have just moved over to Canada on a working visa and decided to stay here for the first week. We really enjoyed it.

The staff were so friendly especially Corinna and Vivan who were more than helpful throughout our stay. They advised us where to go and how to get there and even printed off C.V's for us.

We were relocated to the 6th floor after our first night as the staff at reception said it can be a bit noisey at weekends so i would recommend asking for this....we didnt hear a thing.

We had a king room it was lovely and spacious and very clean with maid service everyday.

The location is fab as well your within walking distance to alot of places and buses/skytrains are within walking distance for anything else.

All in all a great stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
SeanLalji, Front Office Manager at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, February 4, 2011
Welcome to Canada! Good luck in your move and your job search.

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed February 1, 2011

The hotel was amazing! Beautiful rooms, great service and fantastic location. Right beside two skytrains! Didn't have to take any cabs and walking distance to nightlife, amazing food, and trendy Yaletown district! Love this hotel!

• Stayed January 2011
SeanLalji, Front Office Manager at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
We are honored to have been your choice for your stay in Vancouver. Thank you for your positive comments. See you next time you are in Vancouver!

vancouver,BC
Reviewed January 31, 2011

We stayed for 19 nights and it was absolutely brilliant. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful specially Mihaela at the front desk. I would recommend this hotel because of its quality, the staff and its great location.

• Stayed January 2011
It was our honor to have been your home away from home for 19 days.

Thank you for staying with us and we'll see you upon your return to Vancouver.

Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed January 30, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the hotel during our honeymoon. Staff was extremely friendly and professional. Would like to make special mention of Mihaela and Sean who were working the night shift during our stay. They were both extremely helpful.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
SeanLalji, Front Office Manager at Ramada Vancouver Downtown, responded to this review, February 2, 2011
Congratulations! Thank you for staying with us.
We wish you all the best.